Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eight years ago I planted this Maple. It fit into a Subaru Forester. Now it’s over 40 feet.

Doesn't that feel good? 30 years ago I planted an oak sapling that was 2 feet tall. Just a whip. Now, it's 30 feet tall. Unless some fool cuts it, it'll be here for at least two or three more generations after I'm gone.

don’t worry it will get cold soon enough…@Vinny probably has a foot of snow over the igloo already this year 🙄

Two days and nights with the windows wide open. Prolly gonna be too cool tonight. Then a change comes next week. Still only slight spatters of rain, so the drought intensifies here yet. No decent rainfall since the first couple days of September, and we didn't get a whole lot of that at the farm. Even if we get the predicted 0.85 inch of rain, it'll be a drop in the bucket.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 8.31.41 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 8.33.15 AM.png

Last edited:
View attachment 107647

View attachment 107648

Interior of a cabin I was allowed to visit, and the pathway with stream behind this cabin.

Very nice. And that grass is GREEN! Have an Echota Cherokee friend who lives in a chestnut log cabin he restacked from where it originally was, on a piece of land that abuts the Bankhead National Forest. His land joins the forest on three sides. Guy lives the old way. About his only modern conveniences are a truck and a Coleman lantern hanging from a rope in the ceiling on a block and tackle, so he can lower it to light it when he needs to have light everywhere in the cabin. Otherwise, it's kerosene lamps.

Latest posts

Back