Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG, where to begin?!

One question I have for the aficianados is in regards to post #13,304. I see an Alfa spider with a straight 8? Is there such a thing? The engine looks like the old DOHC 4-banger they used for many years, but 8 ignition wires? Help me out, anyone.

Last edited:
OMG, where to begin?!

One question I have for the aficianados is in regards to post #13,304. I see an Alfa spider with a straight 8? Is there such a thing? The engine looks like the old 4-banger they used for many years, but 8 ignition wires? Help me out, anyone.
I remember Alfa had engines with two spark plugs per cylinder. It was an attempt to ensure complete ignition in the cylinder.

I had and Alfa while I was in college. A project car Alfetta GT. The fuel injection was shot so I had a shop put in sidedraft Weber carburetors. It ran well and sounded great until it burned up! I suspected that a fuel line came loose and spilled fuel on the hot engine.

I remember Alfa had engines with two spark plugs per cylinder. It was an attempt to ensure complete ignition in the cylinder.

Thanks for that!!

I had and Alfa while I was in college. A project car Alfetta GT. The fuel injection was shot so I had a shop put in sidedraft Weber carburetors. It ran well and sounded great until it burned up! I suspected that a fuel line came loose and spilled fuel on the hot engine.

Brother! :hug I had a project Alfetta GTV, a '76 if memory serves. Someone before me had converted it to carbs. I didn't have it very long, as there were too many problems to fix and pass NY inspection.

Thanks for that!!

Brother! :hug I had a project Alfetta GTV, a '76 if memory serves. Someone before me had converted it to carbs. I didn't have it very long, as there were too many problems to fix and pass NY inspection.
Wow. I was looking for pictures of mine, but couldn’t find any. I think mine was a 75

The last piece of lattice went up on the deck today so as far as I am concerned, construction is DONE. Still landscaping to go but that is not my department. We are in a severe drought, have not had any real rain to speak of since early September, and you can probably tell it. Every step I took, I raised a cloud of dust. It is also after noon here; time for a painkiller. 😄 👍

IMG_3431.JPG

IMG_3432.JPG

Very nice deck. You and your family & friends should enjoy that for years.

Thanks, man! I sat out there as evening fell last night and watched all the animals come out from their hiding places in the woods. I am really glad it is finished. My work only, for 320 hours! But Ms. Jswordy wanted one for a long time. I didn't because of the maintenance. And after several years of my delaying tactics, tah-dah! The situation turned out the way it does in most long marriages. 😂

Under edit: And why can't I start a conversation with you? I have questions only you can answer! :D

Last edited:
Lattice?? Where are the cat's going to do their business? Skunks need a quiet place to sleep?

Oh believe me, I found where the cats do their business while putting it up. Also, where all the fire ants hang out. :)

Latest posts

Back