Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read some fun info about the Tesla battery.
Each one weighs about 1000 lbs and contains 25 lbs of lithium, 60 lbs of nickel, 44 lbs of manganese, 30 lbs of cobalt, 200 lbs of copper, and 550 lbs of aluminum, steel, graphite, plastics, and other materials.

To make one battery requires mining 30,000 lbs of cobalt ore, 5,000 lbs of nickel ore, and 25,000 lbs of copper ore, and 25,000 lbs of brine is used to get the lithium.
The ugly drawback to "green" energy is that it's not green.

Tesla cars have also been richly priced, and margins have been absurdly high. But, after FIVE price reductions in the US, they are somewhat more reasonable, so profits per car are thinner, and TSLA stock has shown it, though it still carries a hefty 50.6 p/e.View attachment 101203

Stock reacted negatively, but I think the price reductions are genius from a competition perspective. Short term pain, long term gain.

Well, I know some will be offended, but I don't drink coffee. Never been a fan.
Offended? Far from it.

Realize your awesomeness is far from perfect? Yeah, we can fix you ......

Coffee beer is a good first step in redeeming you. 🤣

Into secondary with my second batch of Chilean Cab-Merlot. First batch 2 years ago went like clockwork. This one not so much. Might be the must, the weather or just fate, but I had some help from a couple of guys from Winemaking Talk and it smoothed out the rough edges. I think it'll be all right.20230512_142055.jpg

On the road again......... LOL

IMG_9746.jpeg

Swimmin' pools (tiny ones anyway), movie stars.....

And BEARS!

Was unloading the car and not 15 mins after we got here and a 150lb brown bear cub just came out of nowhere headed right for the open car door to the CRV headed straight for the snacks we still had in the car. We managed to clap our hands loudly and he turned and ran back across the road. They don't seem to be aggressive just foraging. There is a huge mama bear and two cubs that look to be about a year old or so. Saw all three again last night around dusk across the street. We have them back home as well just not in our neighborhood so much.

Bears, bears & more bears........

View attachment 101307
Many moons ago I was a waiter at an Italian restaurant, and one evening a bear knocked over the grease barrel and was eating it. [Restaurants produce a fair amount of waste grease, which was put in a 50 gallon steel barrel. Periodically it was hauled away and a new barrel appeared.]

One of the cooks was going to drive the bear off, but the owner stopped him -- "No, no, let him eat! The more he eats, the less we have to clean up!"

🤣

I can't fault his thinking!

This mornings festivities. Another Mama and two small cubs across the street. One of the cubs was sorta stuck way up in the pine tree and the mama had to climb up and get him down. They wandered off into the back yard out of sight a few minutes later. Its trash day as you can see......

IMG_9825.jpegIMG_9829.jpeg

Latest posts

Back