Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front yard is finished except for finding a couple specimen type plants and lower yard is scheduled for two weeks from now, but, now the corner/side yard looks old and run down by comparison. So it looks like we might as well have that freshened up at the same time. Should realistically be good for as long as we're around anyway.
FrontFinished.jpg

Ya, we have them in the yard all the time, but with the dog they are always on edge. Neat to see them relaxed and lying down.

These folks don't fight nature at all. There is always wildlife in their yard. I think they had 12-14 deer hanging around this winter. Moose are very common. Last year they had a skunk family. Most people would shoot or trap them, they just warn you. Don't go over there, that is Mr. Stinky's side of the yard.

🤣

Today we woke up to some very welcomed rain!

Every year we go through a period as the snow melts and everything starts to come back to life, where the fire threat is moderate to severe. You can see on the edges of the pond in the picture above, all the dead grass. This is the main threat as things start to green back up. We are getting the canopy back on the forest, and the rain will help everything else green up. It wasn't enough to stop what is already ablaze, but it will seriously lower our threat level over the next few days.

13,000 people have been evacuated in all the towns around us from the south east, to the west, and the north west as well. I live off of a secondary highway, which has been closed, and the evacuation line is only a 5 minute drive down the road. So even a sprinkle is a big relief.

Screenshot from 2023-05-07 09-17-10.png

Every year we go through a period as the snow melts and everything starts to come back to life, where the fire threat is moderate to severe. You can see on the edges of the pond in the picture above, all the dead grass. This is the main threat as things start to green back up. We are getting the canopy back on the forest, and the rain will help everything else green up. It wasn't enough to stop what is already ablaze, but it will seriously lower our threat level over the next few days.

13,000 people have been evacuated in all the towns around us from the south east, to the west, and the north west as well. I live off of a secondary highway, which has been closed, and the evacuation line is only a 5 minute drive down the road. So even a sprinkle is a big relief.

View attachment 101066

Send some here! Our spring pattern is, 50% chance of rain tomorrow. Until it IS tomorrow, then it drops to 10%. My cows won't eat dirt.

Send some here! Our spring pattern is, 50% chance of rain tomorrow. Until it IS tomorrow, then it drops to 10%. My cows won't eat dirt.
Mother Nature does not share evenly. Central NC has been getting a lot of rain, heavy storms. Today is the first time in months that we've gone a week without rain. Nope, I'm not complaining, just commenting.

Going back a couple of decades, I commuted for 5 years on the east side of Jordan Lake. At one location there were low lying fields on both sides of the road, with the lake a couple hundred yards to the west.

We had been in a long drought, which broke. The fields filled up -- they weren't fields, but the lake level has been low long enough, that they appears to be. I felt silly that I didn't realize this.

View attachment 101066
Thanks for the arrow on the map. Big help for my self-invite for dinner.😄

Back