Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way over 1MM reservations for that ugly Cybertruck, including mine 😎😎😎
All jokes aside, what is the attraction? MY first impression was literally, "That looks like something from a 70's sci-fi movie".

To be fair, when I was a kid I wanted this car:

UFO car.jpg

It's from the early 70's British sci-fi series UFO. It was built for the series, the gullwing doors didn't really work (needed someone out of shot to lift them), etc. But if I could get one today, I'd probably buy it. Mrs. WM81 would not be amused ... but it would be worth it.

While not finished yet here's an in-progress pic of our front yard. Last year's monsoons were very intense. Lots of flooding, roof had to be replaced due to hail and wind damage from two storms just a week apart. Runoff from the hills across the street eroded channels into our hill side almost a foot deep. The existing rock drainage "stream" filled with dirt and gravel and buried the rocks for the most part. My neighbor brought in one of his crews to pull all the rock, re-trench the path, add the uphill section where the erosion was happening, re-define the edges and shape and then replace all the river rock. He'd already killed and removed the scrub oaks and has added some small Agave and cactus. Next week they're adding 10 tons of the same color red rock but a little larger size.

Should both look cleaner and stand up to this years monsoons better.
FrontYardRocks.jpg

While not finished yet here's an in-progress pic of our front yard. Last year's monsoons were very intense. Lots of flooding, roof had to be replaced due to hail and wind damage from two storms just a week apart. Runoff from the hills across the street eroded channels into our hill side almost a foot deep. The existing rock drainage "stream" filled with dirt and gravel and buried the rocks for the most part. My neighbor brought in one of his crews to pull all the rock, re-trench the path, add the uphill section where the erosion was happening, re-define the edges and shape and then replace all the river rock. He'd already killed and removed the scrub oaks and has added some small Agave and cactus. Next week they're adding 10 tons of the same color red rock but a little larger size.

View attachment 100887
So the proliferation of rock scaping in AZ is because of all the rain? Who knew!

View attachment 100887
At least the lawn will be easy to mow...

13 tons of new rock to cover the hillside arrived yesterday. Slightly different color and larger size than the existing stuff. Crew will be here tomorrow am to spread and smooth. A couple of tons will go to the corner yard where they created a decorative mound/island thingy that will also get a few little boulders and some cactus. Starting on the backyard refresh after we get back from vacation in a week or two.FrontYardRock.jpg

All jokes aside, what is the attraction? MY first impression was literally, "That looks like something from a 70's sci-fi movie".

To be fair, when I was a kid I wanted this car:

View attachment 100881

It's from the early 70's British sci-fi series UFO. It was built for the series, the gullwing doors didn't really work (needed someone out of shot to lift them), etc. But if I could get one today, I'd probably buy it. Mrs. WM81 would not be amused ... but it would be worth it.

This is the attraction. 😄

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 8.44.01 PM.png

Latest posts

Back