Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have lots of things going on the whole week. From NIOSA (Night In Old San Antonio) to the Fiesta Oyster Bake. Daytime parades, night time river parades. As long as you don't go there from about now (April) through October it can be nice or it can be a sauna. Growing up I didn't know any better. I thought it was normal to be dripping in sweat anytime you went outside after 5 mins even doing nothing. I know better now. LOL

@ibglowin man that looks like a fun weekend

Those are pretty. Wished I could grow stuff like that here but we have more rocks than dirt.

Build a raised bed on top that stuff. 2”x12” framed area, start with a little dirt and create a compost area, it’ll be full of rich growing medium in no time! Hopefully, you won’t have near the pest problems that we do.

Just finished building a raised bed yesterday. In my area it's not recommended to plant until the end of April so I'm way behind you. The bed is only 3 x 13 so I'll just be doing tomatoes and peppers.
Normally, I don’t plant until the end of March / early April, but our weather pattern has been pretty warm down here this year, so I took a chance that we wouldn’t have a late cold snap, fortunately, it paid off. Boatloads of squash, zucchini starting to come in, cucumbers and tomatoes just starting to grow, looking like a good year for us. Hope yours do well also!!

Picked the first of our veggies from the garden today. Easily, the best crop of squash we’ve ever had, this is probably 1/6 of the squash that are on the plants right now.

We're just a wee bit behind you here in New Hampshire. If we're lucky, we might have one or two by the 4th of July! Tomatoes in mid-August! lol

My old hometown would have held their version of Mardi Gras this entire week with the Fiesta River Parade this weekend. All of Fiesta has been canceled and rescheduled for November (perhaps).

Fiesta 2020 has been scheduled for November 5-15.

It is a pretty big deal. Ongoing since 1891. Now has millions of people participating in hundreds of events with a economic impact over $300 million dollars in sales.

Latest posts

Back