Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our wine tasting today at Soter Vineyards in Newburgh, Oregon. Beautiful setting.

image.jpg

One of the nicest tasting rooms we have been in is located just outside Walla Walla, WA. Long Shadows Winery (appointment only). Lots of Chihuly glass everywhere!

interior1.jpg

Hey plowboy, what are we looking at there?

You can have some of my water. We are drowning here from all the rain.

That would be part of my day job. They are gas fired tobacco kilns. The growing season is too short up here to do the air cured process like the states so we take a short cut and cook the leaves to perfection.

That would be part of my day job. They are gas fired tobacco kilns. The growing season is too short up here to do the air cured process like the states so we take a short cut and cook the leaves to perfection.

Is it true that many of the tobacco fields along Lake Erie are being turned over to vineyards now in Canada?

I work on the coast of Maine. I work at a company that smokes seafood.
I have a friend that would take me for a ride so I could take pics of the progress.

Lots of shakers here and the women were the woodworkers.
A shaker woman invented the table saw

Is it true that many of the tobacco fields along Lake Erie are being turned over to vineyards now in Canada?

It does seen to be a trend. I know of 3 or 4 farms that have gone grape crazy, burning kiln winery being the most successful. They are actually doing well for a fledgling winery. Norfolk county as a whole is under quite the wine/alcohol boom. I have actually been looking into the rye whiskey production if tobacco every went under. But that's a whole nother story.

I work on the coast of Maine. I work at a company that smokes seafood.
I have a friend that would take me for a ride so I could take pics of the progress.

Just awesome. I had the good fortune to spend some time in Camden last September. It's just beautiful up there.

Latest posts

Back