Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally missed this sunset tonight. Folks have been posting pictures of it all over Facebook from all over the northeastern US

My sister (near Baltimore) said she had 50+ pics of it on her Facebook tonight. And she also did the right thing and said mine was better than any of them. :)

What is the ending Sg on that scuppernong, looks great.

Thanks but hell, I dunno! :) For real. I'm just so comfortable with making wine now, I just go with it. I generally take a SSG to be sure there's enough "go" in there, and then just let 'er rip. All-juice is the key.

This one bulk aged for 4 months, then went into the fridge to precipitate out the diamonds, then was racked cold and allowed to warm back up. I added 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon acid blend to each carboy (with k meta) and let it sit for a week before bottling. I wound up with 9-3/4 gallons (one of my carboys is small!).

Wonderful nose, milder than other scuppernongs I have made. The Fry is a milder grape. What that does is, you drink along on one glass, then it leaves you with a nagging desire for the second, then the third - and pretty soon you are drunk!

But then, you know me, man. My wines aren't for food pairing and etc. They are all drinkers' wines. I had such a waiting list of pent-up demand, a third of this is already passed on to others. LOL - I kid you not, I got an email from Louisiana yesterday wanting to know when I was sending more wine. :)

Last edited:
I just love watching wine start to clear when fermentation stops. It's magical.

10906203_10100626144603329_2623938685961894115_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back