Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one awesome picture you took! Not so sure on temp having anything to do with it, though, since I have seen those here at 90 degrees, too. Too lazy to Google it. 😄
While I would like to take credit for that, it was the local online news site.
I got this quote from your national weather service :
Sundogs are colored spots of light that develop due to the refraction of light through ice crystals. They are located approximately 22 degrees either left, right, or both, from the sun, depending on where the ice crystals are present. The colors usually go from red closest to the sun, out to blue on the outside of the sundog. Sundogs are also known as mock suns or parhelia, which means "with the sun".
Sometimes, our ice crystals are a bit of blowing snow that has found its way to the higher altitude. The sun is pretty low in the sky this time of year north of 49.

While I would like to take credit for that, it was the local online news site.
I got this quote from your national weather service :
Sundogs are colored spots of light that develop due to the refraction of light through ice crystals. They are located approximately 22 degrees either left, right, or both, from the sun, depending on where the ice crystals are present. The colors usually go from red closest to the sun, out to blue on the outside of the sundog. Sundogs are also known as mock suns or parhelia, which means "with the sun".
Sometimes, our ice crystals are a bit of blowing snow that has found its way to the higher altitude. The sun is pretty low in the sky this time of year north of 49.

Huh. Wonder if water droplets can do the same thing, cuz I definitely have seen them here in summertime. Evenings. Have to whip out the cellphone next time.

Hertz is dumping 20,000 EV's, too expensive.

Ford cut production in half, I hear.

And Tesla recalled 2 million?

I don't think anything is definitive yet. They might still take off. 😂 I saw one in town the other day, and we just got a charging station at Walmart. 😂 Might as well get your self some deals while you charge. I am not sure who is going to work on them though. The local dealers are refusing the $200K investment they need to outfit their shops to work on them..

Alberta... So stuck in our ways.

It's hard for me to believe that 360 miles from here, it will be 67 in Mobile today. Looks like we're gonna go from a low of -3 Tuesday night to a high of 53 the next Tuesday. Wacky! That Tuesday low number keeps getting lower and lower as time goes by, too. They are talking about a high of 58 on Wednesday, 1/24.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 8.38.46 AM.png

It's hard for me to believe that 360 miles from here, it will be 67 in Mobile today. Looks like we're gonna go from a low of -3 Tuesday night to a high of 53 the next Tuesday. Wacky! That Tuesday low number keeps getting lower and lower as time goes by, too. They are talking about a high of 58 on Wednesday, 1/24.

View attachment 109327

1705334391350.png

Back