Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda looks like a shrink-wrapped space shuttle.
Thats exactly what it is!

1705786622758.png

The California Science Center is converting the shuttle Endeavor to a "ready to launch" configuration. They have the SRB's and the external tank mounted but it could take another year or more to build the new building around the new setup so they basically shrink wrapped the shuttle for now to keep it protected from the outside elements until the roof is over the exhibit.

Thats exactly what it is!

View attachment 109538

The California Science Center is converting the shuttle Endeavor to a "ready to launch" configuration. They have the SRB's and the external tank mounted but it could take another year or more to build the new building around the new setup so they basically shrink wrapped the shuttle for now to keep it protected from the outside elements until the roof is over the exhibit.

Cool! I've had dinner a few times at events held under this Saturn 5, in Huntsville, AL.

18186-N13.jpg

DavidsonCenter-1030x686.jpg

The U.S. Space and Rocket Center where this is located also has a shuttle, but it is outdoors. Be neat to move it inside someday.

unnamed.jpg

I am walking distance from Glendale. I think you may need a time machine to visit this bar? Neither I nor Google seems to have heard of it....

To be honest, it looks like someone's basement. A very cool basement, but a basement, nonetheless.

If you can wangle an invitation, I will put you up at my house and we can take a short hop over! :b

That'd be grrrrrreat! But he posted it on FB so he has like one million requests already. None of which he has responded to. 😄

Tell ya what, meet me at the bar at Frank's Club Napoli Pizza in Silvis, IL, my hometown mom and pop pizzeria in business for just under 60 years. Almost nothing in the place is newer than the mid-'50s or early '60s... bar is to the right...

27c4c133647fde77f9ed0edb8c75353f_-united-states-illinois-rock-island-county-hampton-township-s...jpg

Last edited:
That'd be grrrrrreat! But he posted it on FB so he has like one million requests already. None of which he has responded to. 😄

Tell ya what, meet me at the bar at Frank's Club Napoli Pizza in Silvis, IL, my hometown mom and pop pizzeria in business for just under 60 years. Almost nothing in the place is newer than the mid-'50s or early '60s... bar is to the right...

View attachment 109601
Authentic Americana. No Englishman BS there! HDTVs though, so something new.

Back