Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next time I might have to try the DR. No presidents light to be found here. If I'd have found it every picture would have one in it, in your honour! Authentic sancocho is on my list of things to try.

I have enjoyed a lot of it, but I travel for food!:p

Try Punta Cana in the DR, I think you’re going to live it.

Belated Valentines day gift from the wifey. A couple of years ago we had a Walnut tree removed and a co-worker of my wife, who does lot's of wood working (Bryan) sent a truck to pick up the tree trunk to take to a local mill to have processed (the lower 20 ft was incredibly straight w/o any side branches as they would have stuck into the front porch or blocked my wife's view when she studied on the front porch).

Anyhow, he made a cutting board, 22 x 18, to fit over part of the sink where I form my beloved pizza crusts each week. The old board had cracks in it that allowed some bench flour to become sink flour (add some moisture and instant concrete is formed). Beautiful, heavy, 1 1/2" thick board with stripes of cherry wood and some pine.

Both my wife and I don't want to use it, it's just too nice looking to cut on!

2-25-23_cutting-board-1.jpg

2-25-23-cutting-board-2.jpg

Yea, same......

One of our BFF's down in Las Cruces (with the pecan orchard) made us a cutting board out of a fallen pecan tree and its just too beautiful to actually use!

IMG_9194.jpg

Belated Valentines day gift from the wifey. A couple of years ago we had a Walnut tree removed and a co-worker of my wife, who does lot's of wood working (Bryan) sent a truck to pick up the tree trunk to take to a local mill to have processed (the lower 20 ft was incredibly straight w/o any side branches as they would have stuck into the front porch or blocked my wife's view when she studied on the front porch).

Anyhow, he made a cutting board, 22 x 18, to fit over part of the sink where I form my beloved pizza crusts each week. The old board had cracks in it that allowed some bench flour to become sink flour (add some moisture and instant concrete is formed). Beautiful, heavy, 1 1/2" thick board with stripes of cherry wood and some pine.

Both my wife and I don't want to use it, it's just too nice looking to cut on!

View attachment 98885

View attachment 98886

Next time I might have to try the DR. No presidente light to be found here. If I'd have found it every picture would have one in it, in your honour! Authentic sancocho is on my list of things to try.

I have enjoyed a lot of it, but I travel for food!:p

My nephew highly recommends...new refurb just a year or two old... I want to go next winter...

https://www.bahia-principe.com/en/r...SU1hXrWdPBpIeOlOEoAaAtqGEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
This resort group has four other locations in the D-R, and another friend stayed at Sanmina after I recommended this one, and had a great time.

https://www.bahia-principe.com/en/resorts-in-dominican-republic/resort-samana/

profreeding is a lawst art

Journalism was my profession for 43 years. They have gutted the editors since everything is now just 5 cents revenue a click for ad income. Now most reporters post direct. Lots of mistakes. TV, always worse, is worse yet now.

I see it in books, too. Poor editing has ruined many a novel for me, including one I finished yesterday. The entire plot premise of a 484-page novel was destroyed by a single error in the last 80 pages, and she's a NYT bestselling author!

Latest posts

Back