Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ibglowin A single 4-foot culvert for a stream that wide says it all about how much rain they usually expect to get.

I spent all day on a backhoe in a situation just like that. I'd remove rocks blocking one end then go to the other side and do the same, then back to the other side. Saved the road and neighbors house. It's the only road down the mountain. Many homes above me. The lucky ones got their cars across the bridge 3 miles up stream before the approach washed out!

Last edited:
Well, my pipe dreams of a conventional fan setup on the 429 into 1969 Fairlane died today. There is only 3/4" - 1" of space between the water pump pulley and the radiator. That is not enough to shim the fan out far enough to keep it from hitting the pulleys.

IMG_2935.JPG

This is a job for front-mounted pusher fans. There is ~ 3 inches of space between this structural member in front and the radiator.

IMG_2936.JPG

That would work fine for a single 15-inch fan, except that I also want to mount a universal a/c condenser in front of the radiator. Adding that make things too thick. Sooo... It looks like two 8-inch pusher fans, one on either side of the crossmember, and the a/c condenser will be required. I already have a temperature controller and the wiring bought, I just wish I had not already bought the conventional fan! :D That's hot rodding...

How much room do you need for your conventional fan?

New rad mounts to push it forward?

I wish it were that easy, lol. The radiator sits behind the radiator support, an integral body member, in two saddle-shaped brackets. It would have to move outward about 1-1/2 to 2 inches THROUGH the smaller hole in the support member. Pushers are whole lot easier than that.

UNDER EDIT: Guy says he thinks I might get away with two 8s, staggered, on the inside, as pullers. That would be preferable. Tomorrow, more measuring...

Last edited:
I wish it were that easy, lol. The radiator sits behind the radiator support, an integral body member, in two saddle-shaped brackets. It would have to move outward about 1-1/2 to 2 inches THROUGH the smaller hole in the support member. Pushers are whole lot easier than that.

UNDER EDIT: Guy says he thinks I might get away with two 8s, staggered, on the inside, as pullers. That would be preferable. Tomorrow, more measuring...
No problem. Take the motor, wet it down, put it in the dryer. Shrinks everything. Arne.

fan funny.jpg

Hope may rise again. After thinking about it half the night and then doing some preliminary measuring this morning, if I toss the new factory mounts and insulators I bought and painted up pretty, and I mount the radiator to the support directly using the outside flanges, that seems to make the gap about 2 inches. Instead of the aggressive fan I bought and have sitting in my shop, if I use a shallow fan with 1-1/8" deep blades with a 1-1/2" spacer, it might work. I'll need to get those nice satin mounts removed first to see for sure.

Not crazy about the blade color, but this looks like it could work if I can gain 2-1/4" ... I'll be close to that. My gosh, that 429 is stuffed in there tight! Under edit: Found it in black, $20 less.

https://derale.com/product-footer/b...x-fans/standard-rotation-2/19417-19418-detail

Last edited:
Hope may rise again. After thinking about it half the night and then doing some preliminary measuring this morning, if I toss the new factory mounts and insulators I bought and painted up pretty, and I mount the radiator to the support directly using the outside flanges, that seems to make the gap about 2 inches. Instead of the aggressive fan I bought and have sitting in my shop, if I use a shallow fan with 1-1/8" deep blades with a 1-1/2" spacer, it might work. I'll need to get those nice satin mounts removed first to see for sure.

Not crazy about the blade color, but this looks like it could work if I can gain 2-1/4" ... I'll be close to that. My gosh, that 429 is stuffed in there tight! Under edit: Found it in black, $20 less.

https://derale.com/product-footer/b...x-fans/standard-rotation-2/19417-19418-detail
Many problems solved after a night or two of rest and some fresh eyes.

Latest posts

Back