Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had so much fun making my camera composite that I did my Winemaking Composite today. Separate photos of the cork, bottle, lugs, hammer head, background and me then photoshopped together.
View attachment 97245

That just has to make its way onto a label at some point.

I'd like to see a photo of the 69 Fairlane!

Been drooling over a stock, black, 2 door hardtop a guy in the next town uses as a daily driver. Needs a small amount of body work on the right back corner, but I'd love to mod it!

OK... I really don't have a good overall shot, but here are 3. So far, the work has been 95% mine. Rechroming, set up of the differential gears and machine shop work on the engine block are all that have been outsourced.

fairlanebaywash 003_zpsma42d1rd.jpg

sidewindow002.jpg

carchrome010.jpg

It has a transplanted 429...

ENGINEINSTALL DAY 4 001_zpsqm7bzhug.jpg

The full powertrain. The engine is a 1971 Mercury Thunderjet 429 with Edelbrock heads and manifold and a lumpy Comp cam. Behind it is a totally rebuilt 1970 Ford toploader 4-speed that was never supposed to go there.

carmarch15 003_zps7b3kj3mo.jpg

I've been working on this for about 16 years, as time has permitted. Hope to finally see if it runs maybe by spring, if it all works out. Here's a couple "before" shots on the day it came in the shop.

frombarn3-1-1.jpg

frombarn.jpg

Interior "before" and in progress. It will be a black interior with factory bucket seats. The car did not have a/c, so I have acquired and added factory a/c in the dash.

fairlane2-1-1.jpg

headliner16.jpg

dash005.jpg

I had so much fun making my camera composite that I did my Winemaking Composite today. Separate photos of the cork, bottle, lugs, hammer head, background and me then photoshopped together.
View attachment 97245
Was your new years resolution to limit yourself to one bottle per night?

Jim, I've seen those pics before and forgot to ask in the past, do you plan the finished look to be pretty stock or are you going to Hotrod it out a bit?

The finished look will be period correct "hot rod," with nice wheels, black hood with a stock scoop. Here's sort of – but not exactly – the look I'm after on a '71 Fairlane.

fairlanegoodbye11.jpg

The paint I used is Toyota Speedway Blue Metallic, which at the time I chose it had one of the highest pearl contents in a factory paint. It's a chameleon depending on the sunlight. See how bright it is here with the shop doors open? BTW, I'll bet I have 20 hours in that quarter panel alone, lol...

FAIRLANEBUFFEDassembly002.jpg

It's a sort of nostalgia project. I owned and rodded a '68 Torino, the same body style, when I was a teen.

torino-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back