Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol.......good that you're happy. I'm not.

I noticed you didn't show the bar graph next to it. You know, the one that's from inception? ;) Looks like it is still up? After all, the peak on Jan. 3, 2022 was a BIG peak, and not sustainable. That's why I took a lot of money off the table then. (See the S&P 500 chart, and notice that even after the fall, we are still way higher historically.)

All I can say is, any analyst will tell you that if you beat the market, up or down, you are doing OK. But then, I agree that a guy can find a Benjamin on the street and say, "Meh, it's only $100," or he can say, "Wow, a hundred bucks!"

For me, this is just the second time in my 33-year investing career that there has been such a sale on stocks. I continue to buy in small lots. "Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffett
Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 10.47.50 AM.png

I don't think Elon lost that much money, but haters REALLY want to bring him down to his knees with all garbage narrative. Just my opinion but we all know he's not welcomed in that side of the isle.

You keep wanting to make Musk's BUSINESS record into a POLITICAL thing. The sooner you divorce the two overall in your business life, the better off you'll be. Don't take my word for it, there are hundreds of books out there advising you to become a dispassionate investor, including Benjamin Graham's perennial classic "The Intelligent Investor," the modern edition of which is still required reading in business schools.

On the other hand, while I am at it, it is an improving time to be a cautious saver. The last time you could get this rate on a one-year CD I was in high school. And the principle is totally safe and insured from loss!
Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 11.03.15 AM.png

I expect CD rates to climb over 5% in 2023. In fact I have money waiting on it.

You keep wanting to make Musk's BUSINESS record into a POLITICAL thing. The sooner you divorce the two overall in your business life, the better off you'll be. Don't take my word for it, there are hundreds of books out there advising you to become a dispassionate investor, including Benjamin Graham's perennial classic "The Intelligent Investor," the modern edition of which is still required reading in business schools.

So I AM the ONE taking it into a POLITICAL thing.....

Ok Jim, again, you win, call it a day.

So I AM the ONE taking it into a POLITICAL thing.....

Ok Jim, again, you win, call it a day.

@geek, are you implying that I comment on Musk's paper stock losses because of politics? 😄 My dear friend, I dislike Elon Musk because he is an ASSHOLE – not due to politics. In fact, your comment seems to imply that you actually know my politics. I highly doubt it, though I'll grant that you may have a self-formed opinion. Opinions are like Musks – everybody has one. But be careful of viewing everything through the lens of opinion.

In 2020-21, I made lots of money by dispassionately buying TSLA at lows, waiting for fool fanbois to run it up, selling, and then buying again at lows to repeat. It has been a beautiful cycle and I will miss those days. It was an awesome source of tens of thousands of dollars of profit.

Seriously, please set aside that prism you look through and just weigh business matters on the boring relative fundamentals. Over the long haul, you'll get richer. While I have no idea what your politics are, I do mean it when I say "my dear friend."

2022 financial year perspective 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 97027
When I was in my early 20's I knew a guy who would take a statement like this, something that was not what you would call good news, and he would reply with a statement like this...
Hey @geek, cheer up! You could have been this guy!
Knowing that the person is a fan of the man and admired his goals, and that the topic could be somewhat.... mmmmm. Goading, maybe even provoking.

He would proudly announce in a loud and happy voice while smirking and so very aware of his tact, that 'There is no wound so deep, that you can't pour a little salt in it!'

He affectionately regarded such statements as mischief bombs. 😄

Last edited:
@geek, are you implying that I comment on Musk's paper stock losses because of politics? 😄 My dear friend, I dislike Elon Musk because he is an ASSHOLE – not due to politics. In fact, your comment seems to imply that you actually know my politics. I highly doubt it, though I'll grant that you may have a self-formed opinion. Opinions are like Musks – everybody has one. But be careful of viewing everything through the lens of opinion.

In 2020-21, I made lots of money by dispassionately buying TSLA at lows, waiting for fool fanbois to run it up, selling, and then buying again at lows to repeat. It has been a beautiful cycle and I will miss those days. It was an awesome source of tens of thousands of dollars of profit.

Seriously, please set aside that prism you look through and just weigh business matters on the boring relative fundamentals. Over the long haul, you'll get richer. While I have no idea what your politics are, I do mean it when I say "my dear friend."

Glad you’re doing great.
Every time I post about something related to my economy or in general, you show the Elon Musk hater card, whether you’d admit one thing or another but one puts simple math for 2+2. Your opinion is yours. Mine is that I don’t care if he’s an “ash hole” for you, he’s done tremendous things to advance this world in many things.

Retirement plans cannot be directed to specific stocks but mutual funds and I know you know that. So my pic above is related to my retirement plan, not related to people investing directly in stocks, like you probably do.

I’d leave it here.

Glad you’re doing great.
Every time I post about something related to my economy or in general, you show the Elon Musk hater card, whether you’d admit one thing or another but one puts simple math for 2+2. Your opinion is yours. Mine is that I don’t care if he’s an “ash hole” for you, he’s done tremendous things to advance this world in many things.

Retirement plans cannot be directed to specific stocks but mutual funds and I know you know that. So my pic above is related to my retirement plan, not related to people investing directly in stocks, like you probably do.

I’d leave it here.

Yep, I hate assholes, no matter how rich or poor. You can mark that down in the book. 👍 👍 You're entitled to your opinion. I have lots of tech geek friends who have similar ones about the Chief Twit. I encourage every one of them to dispassionately read the actual facts about Musk's business history. But none of you ever will. That's why the word "obsessive" is in the definition of "fanboy."

My 403(b), 457(b) and IRA accounts all provide for specific stock purchases. That is a matter of each specific plan and employer. But 90% of my individual stocks are bought retail, for the fantastic tax advantages inherent in that practice.

Latest posts

Back