Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant the Ford Lightning....lol

The Chevy Silverado is promising.
$103k is INSANE, stealers are taking advantage, that is why I like the Tesla model, sell directly to consumers, avoid the stealers....
Out of pocket, Tesla owners can expect costs of around $10,000 to $13,000 for the battery itself, depending on the model. Of course, there will also be an extra $100 or so for other parts, plus a few extra hundred dollars in labor costs—and that's a lower estimate. I'll just pay my 3.20 gal E85.

It's absolute insanity. I was taught that it isn't about how much you make, It's how much you keep. It's hard to keep anything when you have interest payments on all you 'own'.

I know a guy, he's a business owner. He was only about 2 years into business, where it is crucial to keep your overhead down, and he wanted a new forklift. He had never done any maintenance to make his used one run better and it was causing him grief. I asked him, this was right when covid hit, can you afford that right now? No, but I can afford the payment.

It blew my mind.

He thinks when he gets a check and pays off his line of credit that he has money in the bank. I just got paid, I can afford that.

Some people are so used to being in debt that they don't see the difference between red and black. Just so long as long as there is room for the payments.

I also remember when my parents lost there house in '82 when the interest rates skyrocketed. We are currently seeing the largest interest rate rise since... well about '82. That's why I'm locked in and rushing to pay off my mortgage. I'm worried for what is coming for the unprepared. I don't know that I will be able to afford another term with what is happening to interest rates and our dollar.
That's like car dealers - always pushing the monthly payment view! Whatever you can afford, they can make it that. And you'll be paying on that new car until it's rusted out and falling apart.

Tesla boasts about being "clean energy". It's not. All these evs get all their power from the grid which relies mostly on fossil fuels. Using oil to create electricity to power
about half the lifetime carbon-dioxide emissions from an electric car come from the energy used to produce the car, especially in the mining and processing of raw materials needed for the battery. This compares unfavorably with the manufacture of a gasoline-powered car which accounts for 17% of the car’s lifetime carbon-dioxide emissions. When a new EV appears in the show-room, it has already caused 30,000 pounds of carbon-dioxide emission. The equivalent amount for manufacturing a conventional car is 14,000 pounds. An EV requires 3X the copper wiring! Once on the road, the carbon dioxide emissions of EVs depends on the power-generation fuel used to recharge its battery. If it comes mostly from coal-fired power plants, it will lead to about 15 ounces of carbon-dioxide for every mile it is driven—three ounces more than a similar gasoline-powered car. 5 ounces more than E85 powered car! To go EV we will have to build more coal or nuke power plants and a new grid to support the added electrical loads. Yes we must stop the release of carbon, but the EV is not the correct answer! We have blackouts the way it is. The answer is TREES, Tree's absorb carbon! Problem is that we have cut down most of the worlds trees! Worldwide we cut down 3 to 7 billion trees a year!

Last edited:
Sorry for all the Doom and Gloom in my last post. Just its hard to imagine that anyone could think that EV's is the answer, at least not in our life times! The infrastructure just isnt there! Windmills everywhere but when the wind doesn't blow? Tesla is a fad just like Hoola Hoops and YoYo's!best-tesla-jokes-758x548.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even Stags' Leap has an "oopsie" every now and then! 🤣 Either that, or it was so good James Suckling invented a new word!

View attachment 91998
Declicate

Dek-li-kit

Both decadent and delicate.
  1. Marked by or providing unrestrained gratification; self-indulgent.
  2. Pleasing to the senses, especially in a subtle way.
  3. Exquisitely fine or dainty: synonym: exquisite.
  4. A possible spelling mistake.

about half the lifetime carbon-dioxide emissions from an electric car come from the energy used to produce the car, especially in the mining and processing of raw materials needed for the battery. This compares unfavorably with the manufacture of a gasoline-powered car which accounts for 17% of the car’s lifetime carbon-dioxide emissions. When a new EV appears in the show-room, it has already caused 30,000 pounds of carbon-dioxide emission. The equivalent amount for manufacturing a conventional car is 14,000 pounds. An EV requires 3X the copper wiring! Once on the road, the carbon dioxide emissions of EVs depends on the power-generation fuel used to recharge its battery. If it comes mostly from coal-fired power plants, it will lead to about 15 ounces of carbon-dioxide for every mile it is driven—three ounces more than a similar gasoline-powered car. 5 ounces more than E85 powered car! To go EV we will have to build more coal or nuke power plants and a new grid to support the added electrical loads. Yes we must stop the release of carbon, but the EV is not the correct answer! We have blackouts the way it is. The answer is TREES, Tree's absorb carbon! Problem is that we have cut down most of the worlds trees! Worldwide we cut down 3 to 7 billion trees a year!
I find it amusing that we live in a world of CO2 concerns. Well, moreso that people buy it. I live in an area that used to be 2 km under ice. The climate has been changing for millennia. It is quite indulgent to blame it all on the very short time humans have lived in an industrial world.

How about we just make industry act responsibly? We are now at a point where everything is cheap and made to throw away. Maybe holding companies accountable for what they make could be an option? Our governments could mandate a minimum 5-10-20 year warranty. If you do not guarantee quality, you can't sell your product in our countries. It might help emissions if everyone wasn't on their 4th toaster, or 10th phone... How about we don't allow industry to cut all the trees down? You know, the ones that consume CO2 and replace it with oxygen....

Sadly, all this green energy is very profitable for those lobbying for the change. Industry does more in a day than we can do in a lifetime, yet we are expected to make the sacrifices, and we are blamed for that which can only be balanced by government policy. It's quite the racket. Canada has a carbon tax. I don't know who it makes feel better, because it drives up the cost of everything and no money is EVER put back into anything environmental. Taxing something does not offer a solution. It just puts more money in the hands of the corrupt.

earth_temperature_timeline_2x.png

Back