Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it amusing that we live in a world of CO2 concerns. Well, moreso that people buy it. I live in an area that used to be 2 km under ice. The climate has been changing for millennia. It is quite indulgent to blame it all on the very short time humans have lived in an industrial world.

How about we just make industry act responsibly? We are now at a point where everything is cheap and made to throw away. Maybe holding companies accountable for what they make could be an option? Our governments could mandate a minimum 5-10-20 year warranty. If you do not guarantee quality, you can't sell your product in our countries. It might help emissions if everyone wasn't on their 4th toaster, or 10th phone... How about we don't allow industry to cut all the trees down? You know, the ones that consume CO2 and replace it with oxygen....

Sadly, all this green energy is very profitable for those lobbying for the change. Industry does more in a day than we can do in a lifetime, yet we are expected to make the sacrifices, and we are blamed for that which can only be balanced by government policy. It's quite the racket. Canada has a carbon tax. I don't know who it makes feel better, because it drives up the cost of everything and no money is EVER put back into anything environmental. Taxing something does not offer a solution. It just puts more money in the hands of the corrupt.
I have never had any luck in getting an answer from a climate activist as to who warmed the planet after the last ice age. It wern't us! 😁

earth_temperature_timeline_2x.png

People want to know what caused this massive buildup of CO2 and they point fingers all over the place. But when you point your finger, three of them are pointing back at yourself.

Figure A: Typical population curve of bacteria in a Petri dish.

bacteria.jpg

Figure B: Global population.

world population.jpg

The only difference between the two figures is that we think we're smarter than bacteria, and that we do not live by the same rules that it does. Class dismissed.

I have never had any luck in getting an answer from a climate activist as to who warmed the planet after the last ice age. It wern't us! 😁
If you look closely at the graph your question will be answered. All of the graph above the industrial revolution is natural changes in CO2. Notice how gentle the rise and fall? After the industrial revolution you see the very sharp increase in level of measured CO2… that’s us releasing millions of tons of stored carbon into the atmosphere. It’s an alarming trend and will continue until we stop releasing it and start removing it from the atmosphere.

ETA. Actually it’s a graph of temperature 🤦 but if you looked at CO2 it’s a mirror. We caused the latest steep temperature increase by releasing CO2.

Last edited:
HailinHand.jpgHailFrontYard.jpg
We just experienced an incredible micro burst during a monsoon outbreak. In the period of about 15 minutes the temp went from 100+ to 62 degrees. Wind, Rain and Hail started and just dumped on us. Probably the strongest we've seen since living here. Totaled over an inch of rain in just an hour and then it was gone. Lori took some wild video i'll try to add later. I don't see any damage but the winds were strong enough to blow a wrought iron chair off the front porch and onto the neighbors yard. Under additional warnings until 7:00 tonight. Readings off my Weather Underground station.
weather chart.jpg

The Monsoon rains have destroyed more gardens and patios every Summer over the years than you may realize. Every time it starts to rain I am basically saying a prayer in the back of my head. "please no hail, please no hail".........

View attachment 92058View attachment 92059
We just experienced an incredible micro burst during a monsoon outbreak. In the period of about 15 minutes the temp went from 100+ to 62 degrees. Wind, Rain and Hail started and just dumped on us. Probably the strongest we've seen since living here. Totaled over an inch of rain in just an hour and then it was gone. Lori took some wild video i'll try to add later. I don't see any damage but the winds were strong enough to blow a wrought iron chair off the front porch and onto the neighbors yard. Under additional warnings until 7:00 tonight. Readings off my Weather Underground station.
View attachment 92060

Latest posts

Back