Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This picture is for @Rocky . Well, really, it is for his lovely bride @Bev, but I have to use Rocky as an intermediary! :)

This is (sort of) the pharmacy at which Bev used to work, in Canandaigua. I say "sort of" because I bet she worked at the former location. When Wegmans greatly expanded their store, the former location became a deli/restaurant and some other stores for 20+ years. However, a hospital (UR) just bought out that whole location for an urgent-care center. Anyway, here's to you, Bev!

PS: I have noted this before, so please forgive the repetition. This is the store closest to Danny Wegman's house, so they keep it up pretty nice! :)

IMG_3622.JPG

Thank you, Paul. That is a newer store and Bev worked in the original Canandaigua location. She was the Chief Pharmacist there when they opened the location. The store nearest to where we lived was in Perinton, and Bev worked there before being promoted to CP.

Danny used to come into both stores frequently because they were near his home. He came into the Perinton store one day and said to a new employee, "Hi, I'm Danny," and the poor kid replied, "Danny who?" When he learned who 'Danny' was, he was very embarrassed and a little bit miffed. He said to some other employees, "How was I supposed to know who he was? Doesn't he have a last name? What is he, like Cher or something?!"

Thank you, Paul. That is a newer store and Bev worked in the original Canandaigua location. She was the Chief Pharmacist there when they opened the location. The store nearest to where we lived was in Perinton, and Bev worked there before being promoted to CP.

Danny used to come into both stores frequently because they were near his home. He came into the Perinton store one day and said to a new employee, "Hi, I'm Danny," and the poor kid replied, "Danny who?" When he learned who 'Danny' was, he was very embarrassed and a little bit miffed. He said to some other employees, "How was I supposed to know who he was? Doesn't he have a last name? What is he, like Cher or something?!"

That reminds me of stories from back in the late 70's/early 80s of Sam Walton (Wal-Mart Founder) showing up at the few Wal-Mart stores there were at the time, most within driving distance of Bentonville, AK just to shop and survey the store. He would show up in the kind of clothes most of his customers might wear, not in the suits and such of many founders, driving an old beat-up truck. He always bought something and if the checker didn't say the famous phrase - "Thanks for shopping at Wal-Mart" they might find themselves unemployed. That certainly doesn't happen any longer.

PXL_20220610_215140827.jpg

She was very tired from playing at the dog park this afternoon. A bassethound and two mixed breeds, along with her had a great time running after each other for about ten minutes. Then she was done (broke as my wife says). She had to get all the of her favorite stuffed animals to sleep on.

The last time we had a moose and calf this close to the house was about 9 years ago. Just something about them. So awkward and gangly that they are cute?

Both phones were zoomed out to max and the pictures were terrible. This is the last visit, but you can actually see what I was trying to share.

Interesting that the last time they came through I had also just ripped up the lawn and developed new area....

-94384528.jpg-309134654.jpg

Both phones were zoomed out to max and the pictures were terrible.
It's still cool when someone you know (well, as much as we know each other on this forum) actually took the picture.

I have photos of an albino deer (NC whitetail) that has been around for several years. I don't believe I've gotten a good one of it. Regular whitetails are in our backyard on a daily basis, and the snots ate my wife's roses -- they love tender buds.

Regular whitetails are in our backyard on a daily basis, and the snots ate my wife's roses -- they love tender buds.
It's nice having wildlife around. We have deer on a daily basis as well. There were 7 in the driveway when I came in the other day.

Last year they finally got in the garden. We got away without a fence for 10 years. Last year we pulled everything but the beets and that night they came and pulled every one and took a bite for good measure. Over the next 3-4 nights they came back and cleaned them all up.

Everything is just starting to come up. Potatoes are about an inch tall. I'm not going to push my luck too far. The fence will be up in a couple of weeks.

I cannot wait to see a small bear around my backyard, they've been seen around downtown lately
We usually get a bear once a year. I don't let them linger, they can become a nuisance fast. Often they are young and just don't know any better. Other times they are 'nuisance' bears that have been relocated from another location. Once they get accustomed to people they will come and go as they please and get into everything. the compost... My garbage bins have bites taken out of them.

The biggest issue, I have quads and side by sides. They like to eat the seats, which I do not appreciate. It often takes 2 or 3 times, but repeated successions of loud noise can often persuade them to move on. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back