Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Detailing day today, smooth and silky like a baby’s butt as they say 😎

View attachment 89482
You are more ambitious than me! I have been threatening to make an appointment to get my truck detailed for months.

Mostly though.... I am wondering how you get in! 😆

It's hard to keep up with today's world. My door handles still have handles.

Well, my trusty steed "Greystreet" and I went out to capture the moonrise last night. This is composed from 6 shots of different exposure lengths to get the tail lights trailing and then the moon and stars NOT trailing. Of course I had to get a shot of the jeep with the town of Jerome off in the background.
MoonriseCornville6-14-22Small copy.jpgGreystreet.jpg

That's bizarre. I know we pick and choose what we plant because some will be moose food, guaranteed. Usually if it is mild you see less of them because they have what they need deeper in the forest.

That would be hard to take.

We have a short growing season. Usually we plant on May long weekend. May 18-23rd on average. Everything above ground is done in September and we usually dig the root vegetables up in early October.

We don't get a second chance, so the fence must happen.

I'm considering the beets a warning shot.
Your growing season is pretty much the same as ours in southern New Hampshire. That's surprising! The tomatoes, peppers, cukes, etc. usually go in around May 30th. Beets, Swiss Chard, Cabbage and other cold tolerant crops go in a bit earlier. Our first frost in the fall is generally around September 30, but could be a bit later.

Finally the monsoons are here!

View attachment 89659
I noticed that New Mexico gets somewhere around 3.5" of rain during the monsoon season which runs most of the summer. I'm amazed that that little rain is called a "monsoon season". We get about 51 or 52" of precip every year and 4 inches or so in one month is pretty much normal here. So far this year we've had 21.3", a little on the dry side.

Monsoon rain is a weather pattern and not an amount really. They call this region the desert southwest for a reason. This time of year the moisture gates from the Pacific side of Mexico open up and we get a nice stream flowing up into AZ & NM. The daily afternoon heating and mountains create a perfect storm setup on many days. It's hit and miss a lot of days and sadly our monsoonal rains are quite often associated with damaging hail that can destroy a Summer garden in a matter of minutes.

Los Alamos (7200ft EL) normally gets 16" of rain and 39" of snow on average in a year. The past couple of years we have experienced way less of both.

I noticed that New Mexico gets somewhere around 3.5" of rain during the monsoon season which runs most of the summer. I'm amazed that that little rain is called a "monsoon season". We get about 51 or 52" of precip every year and 4 inches or so in one month is pretty much normal here. So far this year we've had 21.3", a little on the dry side.

Back