Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my picture for today. 30F yesterday, 60 F today. Had to help the boss at work decide if he should let a guy go. Needed a bourbon and strong cigar on the deck. Rabbit Hole bourbon, LA Gloria Cubana cigar. Taco Tuesday for supper with a nice Tempranillo.

PXL_20220215_222957044.jpg

Yes, COVID, the "supply chain crisis," the weather...these are "get out of jail free" cards for corporate executives. They can justify everything, including poor management, because of them and it gives them a pass. The challenge to management is to MANAGE when things are not going perfectly. That is why they get the big bucks. Anyone can take the reins and move the company forward in good times. They will blame everything on these events from the Kennedy assassination to the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa.

Yes, COVID, the "supply chain crisis," the weather...these are "get out of jail free" cards for corporate executives. They can justify everything, including poor management, because of them and it gives them a pass. The challenge to management is to MANAGE when things are not going perfectly. That is why they get the big bucks. Anyone can take the reins and move the company forward in good times. They will blame everything on these events from the Kennedy assassination to the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa.

LINK! :D

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/the-supply-chain-made-me-do-it.75199/

I don't eat either of those, Spam or fast food. 300 calories, 28 grams carbs, 700 mg sodium AND it never needs refrigeration with meat in there, is all I need to know. Save it for the end days. 😂

C'mon now! Haven't you ever had a slab of one of those Virginia hams hanging in someone's kitchen??? According to USDA, "A whole, uncut dry cured or country ham can be stored safely at room temperature for up to one year."

C'mon now! Haven't you ever had a slab of one of those Virginia hams hanging in someone's kitchen??? According to USDA, "A whole, uncut dry cured or country ham can be stored safely at room temperature for up to one year."

Well, EVER is a long time! I used to eat all kinds of junk foods, fast foods, high salt/high sugar/high caloric to fiber ratio, cookies, Pop-Tarts, candies, the whole deal. I mean, when you're a kid and a young adult, that's when the processed foods industry works really extra hard to hook you in for life. Until I got old enough to realize how that stuff makes me feel and how it has ruined my health.

I view sugar as a literal addiction, both my own and society's. And we're paying the individual and social costs of taking something formerly very rare in the diet and making it ubiquitous. By eating such high levels, we begin the insulin resistance cycle that makes us eat even more sucrose. And don't get me started on high fructose corn syrup, an engineered food.

I don't mean to preach, to each his or her own. This is just me talking. People are constantly trying to get me back on the sugar/starch addicted train, and I am not going there. "Oh, you're eating out for dinner, you can eat what you want for just one night!" Nope. I weaned myself off a deep cigarette addiction 20 years ago, and it was HARD, but I know having just one on a special occasion would be all it takes. Same deal here. It is hard to do, in American society, and especially in the South where there is a fast food joint on every single corner. But I'm doing it.

Anyway soapbox removed! :D

Well, EVER is a long time! I used to eat all kinds of junk foods, fast foods, high salt/high sugar/high caloric to fiber ratio, cookies, Pop-Tarts, candies, the whole deal. I mean, when you're a kid and a young adult, that's when the processed foods industry works really extra hard to hook you in for life. Until I got old enough to realize how that stuff makes me feel and how it has ruined my health.

I view sugar as a literal addiction, both my own and society's. And we're paying the individual and social costs of taking something formerly very rare in the diet and making it ubiquitous. By eating such high levels, we begin the insulin resistance cycle that makes us eat even more sucrose. And don't get me started on high fructose corn syrup, an engineered food.

I don't mean to preach, to each his or her own. This is just me talking. People are constantly trying to get me back on the sugar/starch addicted train, and I am not going there. "Oh, you're eating out for dinner, you can eat what you want for just one night!" Nope. I weaned myself off a deep cigarette addiction 20 years ago, and it was HARD, but I know having just one on a special occasion would be all it takes. Same deal here. It is hard to do, in American society, and especially in the South where there is a fast food joint on every single corner. But I'm doing it.

Anyway soapbox removed! :D
Congrats on your perseverance!!!:try

Some of the price increases are waaaaaay beyond the current inflation. Campbell's soup here has gone from $1.19 at the beginning of the year to $1.50 a couple of weeks ago and yesterday it was $1.79. That's better than a 50% increase since January 1st. About the only thing I haven't noticed an increase in is potatoes.

Latest posts

Back