Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn't include it in your pic, but I saw it on the sign: Cowboy. DO NOT BUY - it is junk. The Kingsford Professional is a really good briquette though. I switched to it from the original Kingsford last year and have been really pleased.
I buy the Kingsford briquettes for most of my smoking needs. But a couple pf times I've used the "hot and fast" method and have used Cowboy lump charcoal and it has burned fine. Their lump charcoal is just plain old charcoal with no additives.

I buy the Kingsford briquettes for most of my smoking needs. But a couple pf times I've used the "hot and fast" method and have used Cowboy lump charcoal and it has burned fine. Their lump charcoal is just plain old charcoal with no additives.

I've had too many bags of Cowboy with construction debris in them. Yes, construction debris. Pieces of 2x4, angle iron, even chunks of concrete.

The post I made about the Costco briquette was misleading. I was confused and didn't pay attention to the sign carefully.
Basically Costco has multiple signs together and the briquette bags were right there, I just saw or paid attention to the $9.99 sign since it had the word briquette and didn't get it until I then looked at it again yesterday....sigh

So they don't have that Cowboy one even the sign is still up on display. The real price of the Kingsford is $19.99 :slp

I use WOOD too! Mostly Pecan from our BFF's who own a 25 acre Pecan Farm down in Las Cruces. I use the charcoal to build a nice base and then add wood on top to keep it going for the duration of the cook.

I guess I'm a throwback to the dark ages. I use WOOD! :cool:

View attachment 79464

I use WOOD too! Mostly Pecan from our BFF's who own a 25 acre Pecan Farm down in Las Cruces. I use the charcoal to build a nice base and then add wood on top to keep it going for the duration of the cook.

I'm fortunate to live where I can get hickory, maple, apple, peach, pecan, oak and cherry wood, most of it right off my farm. I mostly use hickory, cherry and oak.

NOT what I wanted to see in the utility room this morning. Hoping it's the new water softener simply because it should still be under warranty.

You can see where we had carpet pieces laid down - they just sponged up the water; hoping the floor dries quickly now that we got everything out and a fan going.

I was sitting down there about 12 hours ago doing wine inventory and it wasn't wet then! Luckily, no wine has been injured in these events.

Edit: it was a clogged floor drain. All fixed now!3E58F0EE-638A-423C-8C4D-7D2A71CB8E33.jpegC4AC111D-B5B2-4118-AF47-5B4AE7F70637.jpeg9C562513-B6B8-4B51-A0A2-2FE2A688F724.jpeg

Last edited:
Back