Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
84138844_1439752536206628_7071484071691419648_n.jpg

Curiosity got the better of me: https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...305e080cdd9f18e!8m2!3d-9.022974!4d160.1231039

Dang, for a 25 year hiatus you got some "mad skills" as the kids would say these days!

When I say 'mad skills', my kids tell me they don't say that anymore. LOL!

But they do still quote Napoleon Dynamite WRT nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills...

Spent some more time at the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum today. I don't know why I don't go more often - I love it and it's only 5 minutes from the house.

View attachment 58160

Is that the place near Dulles Airport? If so, what's the quickest way there from 495 ... Dulles toll road or can I can the airport road to the airport to get there quicker?

Is that the place near Dulles Airport? If so, what's the quickest way there from 495 ... Dulles toll road or can I can the airport road to the airport to get there quicker?

If you take the airport road, you'll have to go into/out of the airport - unless there's major traffic on the toll road, that would probably end up taking longer. From 495, the quickest route is the toll road to 28 South. You could also take 66 to 28 North, but 66 is under major construction now, so the time of day would have a significant impact on your travels.

On either route, you can use HOV lanes with two or more people in the car.

What is this "toll road" of which you speak..... LOL

Feels like every new road/lane that's built around here now is a "public/private partnership" that adds capacity with toll lanes. Tolls are determined by the traffic on the non-toll lanes. Higher when things are bad. In other words, price gouging.

Guess I shouldn't complain. We just got back from a roadtrip to visit Mrs IB's folks in KC, MO. We took the Kansas Turnpike to save some time (no silo towns) and we paid $11 to go 200 miles (each way). This is basically a freeway out in the middle of nowhere. The alternative is to stop every 10 miles for a silo town. A two lane road with a 60MPH speed limit that has a silo town every 10 miles with a stop light and not much else.

Back