Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Craig. Maybe now I won't quit on this thread. Will have to check it out later. Just not in the mood now to mess with it.
Bill, we just have to figure out the maximum size for an image so it will upload. Mine was 342K, @ibglowin's was a little over 2 mb, so it's somewhere in between those two sizes, I'm guessing under 2 mb.

Don't give up, we'll collectively figure this out. I troubleshoot websites most every day so it's a part of my normal routine. Just don't have a ton of time to spend on here until this weekend, hopefully.

winnter prep.jpg
Winter prep begins...

[Ps. I had to resize (I used paint) from ~2.4 to ~.72 MB. Would NOT upload when reduced to ~1.5 MB on my 2nd try. Definite pain in the butt as I have no control over file size when I snap my cell phone photos. Previous releases of WMT uploaded every photo I gave it whether from my cell phone or my digital camera. ]

View attachment 44368
Winter prep begins...

[Ps. I had to resize (I used paint) from ~2.4 to ~.72 MB. Would NOT upload when reduced to ~1.5 MB on my 2nd try. Definite pain in the butt as I have no control over file size when I snap my cell phone photos. Previous releases of WMT uploaded every photo I gave it whether from my cell phone or my digital camera. ]

I know it’s a PITA, but, you can email your photos to yourself and resize them in the process, at least with Apple devices.

I know it’s a PITA, but, you can email your photos to yourself and resize them in the process, at least with Apple devices.

John, I'm of the opinion that WMT software should do the resizing (and for a few very good reasons). Just tell us it has been done and allow for a preview to see if we wish to continue with the resized photo.

John, I'm of the opinion that WMT software should do the resizing (and for a few very good reasons). Just tell us it has been done and allow for a preview to see if we wish to continue with the resized photo.

I agree, and I suspect it’ll get done, just wanted you to know that there are options in the interim.

Format is ugly, VERY ugly. It is keeping me from visiting near as often as I used to. I just can't stand it. Thanks for the pix!

Format is ugly, VERY ugly. It is keeping me from visiting near as often as I used to. I just can't stand it. Thanks for the pix!
The more you visit, the more you git used to it. I admit, it is taking a while, but we were so entrenched in the old site, it'll take a bit to get used to the new site. Keep trying, 'cause I love the pictures you post, don't want to do without 'em, if at all possible. And Jim, I say that with all sincerity, and I've only been drinkin' a few hours at most, I think, if I remember correctly :d

View attachment 44368
Winter prep begins...

Hey Bill,

I don't remember that clear of a view from your back yard. Did the leaves just fall down or did something "not natural" happen (like a bulldozer or something)?

Hey Bill,

I don't remember that clear of a view from your back yard. Did the leaves just fall down or did something "not natural" happen (like a bulldozer or something)?

Craig, I think it has to be just the leaves having fallen. It is actually a side yard and the clearing for the shed was finished about 2 years ago.

I hear you Jim. I'm having some trouble adjusting to the new look and feel of the site but intend to persevere. The pluses of visiting and posting on the new WMT are worth the struggle.

Craig, I think it has to be just the leaves having fallen. It is actually a side yard and the clearing for the shed was finished about 2 years ago.
Only having been there once, I must have got mixed up where the shed was. So under the conifers to the left in the image is where your target area is to shoot?

Only having been there once, I must have got mixed up where the shed was. So under the conifers to the left in the image is where your target area is to shoot?

The silhouette targets, which aren't showing in the picture are on the other side of the shed opposite the two open doors. The shooter would be standing off to the right of the photo and be shooting towards the pines. If I remember I'll take another photo and post it here.

Honoring Veterans on the Wellsboro, PA town green...

Blanket was a gift from PA State Representative Matt Baker to any attending Veteran who wanted one...

[Working on resizing photos. Please stand by...]

[Almost a half hours worth of work to post this message with photos. I'm seriously questioning whether or not it is worth the time and effort.]

Veterans1.jpgVeterans2.jpg Veterans3.jpg

Last edited:
[Almost a half hours worth of work to post this message with photos. I'm seriously questioning whether or not it is worth the time and effort.]

Please keep posting, I love images of Wellsboro.

In your first image, if you could see farther to the left, there is the church (St. Paul's Episcopal church) where I was baptized. AND it hasn't burned down yet!

Gouveia Vineyards

Sure Varis make me homesick for CT why don't you. :(

Hey, are they still a good resource for bottles? I can remember one summer time visit where I was able to load my car up with empties in only about 20 minutes or so. I still prefer the smaller wineries you find up in Litchfield County.

Please keep posting, I love images of Wellsboro.

In your first image, if you could see farther to the left, there is the church (St. Paul's Episcopal church) where I was baptized. AND it hasn't burned down yet!

No, never burned down but I did hear that the roof fell in some decades ago. :gb

Latest posts

Back