Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is called Moraine Lake . The picture of Moraine Lake was used on the old Canadian 20 dollar bill .

I'll let Kim defend where she was, but her picture sure looks like Lake Louise to me. (I have been to both of these beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, attractive, comely, exquisite lakes, but it was too long ago to have digital pictures to share! These are from the 'net.)

Look at the mountains behind the lakes:

Kim's picture:
attachment.php

Louise:
canoe-lake-louise-zizka-5h-sm.jpg.694x390_default.jpg

Moraine:
2560px-Moraine_Lake_Alberta_Canada.jpg

This is the best Astrophotography image I've ever taken. (about two hours of exposure using a monochrome camera and Lum, Red, Blue, and Green filters (LRGB)) It was taken in Mayhill, New Mexico (way way better skies than near NYC where I currently live) I also used much better equipment (scopes, mount, my camera is about the same) than I currently own.

This is The Andromeda Galaxy. (or Messier 31 or M31 or NGC-224) Which is our sister galaxy It's about 2.5 million light years away and heading towards us. (don't worry, we won't collide for about 4-5 billion years.) While it can be seen with the naked eye, you can't see it's true size due to how dim it is along with light pollution. Anyway, it's about six full moons across in size in the sky. (it's actual size is about 150 thousand light years across)

6cc620d8be488f5c72d5dc2cdd696039.1824x0_q100_watermark.png

Last edited:
This is the best Astrophotography image I've ever taken. (about two hours of exposure using a monochrome camera and Lum, Red, Blue, and Green filters (LRGB)) It was taken in Mayhill, New Mexico (way way better skies than near NYC where I currently live) I also used much better equipment (scopes, mount, my camera is about the same) than I currently own.

This is The Andromeda Galaxy. (or Messier 31 or M31 or NGC-224) Which is our sister galaxy It's about 2.5 million light years away and heading towards us. (don't worry, we won't collide for about 4-5 billion years.) While it can be seen with the naked eye, you can't see it's true size due to how dim it is along with light pollution. Anyway, it's about six full moons across in size in the sky. (it's actual size is about 150 thousand light years across)

6cc620d8be488f5c72d5dc2cdd696039.1824x0_q100_watermark.png

Been there! :)

(seriously, great shot)

To think that there are over 100 billion stars in our galaxy, and over 1 trillion stars in the Andromeda galaxy, and there are over 100 billion galaxies in our universe...

Best estimate is that there are ...

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, that is 10 SEXTILLION STARS in our universe alone (considering the multiverse theory and I do not want to think about how many universes there are!)

Makes me think just how insignificant the grapes are that make a glass of wine. I think that I will triple or quadruple the significance tonight and ponder one of my favorite quotes by Richard Feynman...

https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/01/06/the-universe-in-a-glass-of-wine-feynman/

To think that there are over 100 billion stars in our galaxy, and over 1 trillion stars in the Andromeda galaxy, and there are over 100 billion galaxies in our universe...

Best estimate is that there are ...

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, that is 10 SEXTILLION STARS in our universe alone (considering the multiverse theory and I do not want to think about how many universes there are!)

Makes me think just how insignificant the grapes are that make a glass of wine. I think that I will triple or quadruple the significance tonight and ponder one of my favorite quotes by Richard Feynman...

https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/01/06/the-universe-in-a-glass-of-wine-feynman/

It's why I have a love affair with Astronomy and astrophysics. :)

Latest posts

Back