Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12802952_10153274157805981_5417245140286495762_n.jpg

Certainly looks like it doesn't it! This is a repost from a Facebook group called "NM Pics". Always new and amazing photos poping up most everyday. This one was special obviously so I wanted to share with everybody here.

My wife went to college in Albuquerque for three years while I kept the home fires burning in Tennessee. NM is a very special place. I had experiences there that changed my life. We also know people who have moved there from the East. Funny thing, every single one of them says when you move to NM, the state kicks your butt for about 2 or 3 years and then gradually accepts you into its embrace. There seems to be an initiation process for those who relocate. It is an awesomely powerful place.

LOL, I will always remember when I first moved to NM back in 1986. I had just started with LANL and I was talking with a coworker (female) who said it can take awhile for you to be considered a local here in NM.

She married into a family in the very small mountain village of Truchas where almost everybody is related to each other in some way. She said that the people in the village had finally accepted her as a local but it took awhile for them to come around.

I said "how long have you and your husband been married"? She replied, "oh about 25 years"....... :)

My wife went to college in Albuquerque for three years while I kept the home fires burning in Tennessee. NM is a very special place. I had experiences there that changed my life. We also know people who have moved there from the East. Funny thing, every single one of them says when you move to NM, the state kicks your butt for about 2 or 3 years and then gradually accepts you into its embrace. There seems to be an initiation process for those who relocate. It is an awesomely powerful place.

LOL, I will always remember when I first moved to NM back in 1986. I had just started with LANL and I was talking with a coworker (female) who said it can take awhile for you to be considered a local here in NM.

She married into a family in the very small mountain village of Truchas where almost everybody is related to each other in some way. She said that the people in the village had finally accepted her as a local but it took awhile for them to come around.

I said "how long have you and your husband been married"? She replied, "oh about 25 years"....... :)

LOL - it is the same way in the rural South. If you move from the North, forget about ever being completely accepted. Even my friends remind me I'm a "damned Yankee." Been here since 1990.

Latest posts

Back