Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must not have lived in the country, then, I guess. I have had people grow marijuana on mine! And in my state, possession of 1-5 plants is an automatic 6-10 years in prison. I also have a neighbor with a bad septic system. But he fixed it by channeling the overflow into my pasture. And people move out here from the city and say, well we are in the country now, so the dog can run fee! The dog packs up with others, comes to my place and kills goats. Then there are the hunters and fishermen who think all land is public. Did you know that if someone is trespassing on your land and they get hurt, you are liable? Sigh...
When I lived waaaay down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, someone decided my land was a good place to actually cut a trail for them to ride their dirt bikes. They used a chainsaw to cut trees as big as 6" dia. as well as clear brush etc. Eventually I caught them still working on the trail and they were highly put out that I made them stop and told them they could not ride on my property. Oh, and the land was posted to begin with. These were not grade school kids - they looked like early to mid 20s.

When I lived waaaay down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, someone decided my land was a good place to actually cut a trail for them to ride their dirt bikes. They used a chainsaw to cut trees as big as 6" dia. as well as clear brush etc. Eventually I caught them still working on the trail and they were highly put out that I made them stop and told them they could not ride on my property. Oh, and the land was posted to begin with. These were not grade school kids - they looked like early to mid 20s.
My cousin had a problem with snowmobilers -- they kept tearing up her property, and went as far as cutting a chain that blocked the trail they had made. Posted signs don't deter some folks.

My cousin had a problem with snowmobilers -- they kept tearing up her property, and went as far as cutting a chain that blocked the trail they had made. Posted signs don't deter some folks.
do you remember them 3 wheelers back before Quads, well, some ole boys, lawyers, business owners and the such , decided, that my land was just right for that sort of thang, low and behold , (((although never proven or disproven in a court of law)))) apparently a mean deer shot the engine from between a doctors legs while riding on my land, after the court case against me was hopelessly deadlocked, no more people wanted to ride my land, dang deer anyway, and yup true story, i still wonder why people whisper, that man is crazy,,, NO, that man ((me)) is left alone to enjoy a clam peaceful life,,,,,,
Dawg

yup, when the same city folk that use others property to skate board move to the country,,,,
Dawg

You know, a lot of the incidents that were being referenced in that thread (2 years ago!) were carried out by country folk, like Jim's neighbor.

Had guy looking at buying my house (with 5 acres, very steep ground, only flat spot was the yard). He looked around and said great spot, lots of room for the grandkids to ride their motorcycles. I said I don't allow riders on my property, they cause erosion. He looked pissed and left.

Did I mention that I hate off-road bikes.... Erosion, noise and frequently O respect for anything. (Apparently grandpa too)

What set me off was his attitude that buying the house and 5 acres ment everything in sight was theirs to use.

I was putting a gate up with large no trespassing sign. Kid rides up on motorcycle and asks why. I told him someone has been riding up there and hill climbing causing erosion. "Not me!!!" Yeah right..
His dad owned 3000 acres around me. Go tear up your own land!

Back