Pictures of our process so far...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedRedWine

Junior
Reaction score
Here is our step by step process of our inaugural home wine making to date from
Grapes to Carboys...

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

RedRedWine:

Looking good!!

Only one comment...I don't trust those carboy handles. Be very careful picking up FULL carboys with those carboy handles. I have heard reports of necks snapping (but haven't actually met anybody that it happened to). Be very careful picking up EMPTY carboys with those carboy handles. If not careful, the carboy may swing and hit something, thus breaking. I have talked to somebody that this happened to.

Steve

Thank you.

I am extremely careful with these handles. I also do not trust them and always have a secure hand underneath. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeff

No they are not. This photo was taken with a iPhone app called Hipstamatic. It makes photos all funky.

We have ... Merlot, Cab Sav, Sangiovese, Petite Syrah.

I think the closest ones are Merlot.

If your table has a door handle...you might be a redneck!

Just kidding looks great!

LMAO, I didn't even notice that but as soon as you mentioned it I thought, oh oh if it is a hollow core door but he has the carboys well placed over each horse. Great job. Doors make great temporary hobby tables and don't take up much space when you take them down.

If your table has a door handle...you might be a redneck!

Just kidding looks great!

Dang it! People are really trying to make it hard to be a redneck! LOL! Firtst it was wife beaters, tattoos, and tobacco... Now I have to have a door table... Jeesh....

Maceration?

Those are really neat photos... You have some great equipment and access to good grapes. I was wondering if you did a maceration process when I first looked at your photos yesterday. The sequence appears as if you th grapes went straight from the press to the carboy.

I found this link dealing with maceration and found it informative.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32jLNBHCmvk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32jLNBHCmvk[/ame]

I hope to make wine from fresh grapes later this fall. Your photos were very helpful and encouraging.

Happy fermenting,
Paul

Wheres the crusher destemmer part and fermenter part?

We did crush our own grapes however I forgot to take pictures of that process, mostly because I was so busy crushing. Its an old crank crusher. Ill snap a pic of it and post it soon. Also the fermenter process was done in 7 gallon rubber-maid tubs. I didnt think to take pictures of this because of the unappealing look of a plastic tub.

Back