Quantcast

Original Skeeter Pee Recipe

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Ty520

Junior
Reaction score
I have been very eager to try this, but with honey, but I have heard skeeter pee is finicky and can turn out not so great. Some have attributed this to adding the juice in primary making the ph too low for optimal healthy fermentation, and suggest adding it in secondary instead, which can offer a"fresher"citrus taste?

Thoughts, suggestions, tips?

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
I have been very eager to try this, but with honey, but I have heard skeeter pee is finicky and can turn out not so great. Some have attributed this to adding the juice in primary making the ph too low for optimal healthy fermentation, and suggest adding it in secondary instead, which can offer a"fresher"citrus taste?

Thoughts, suggestions, tips?
start with every thing but use only 1 bottle yeast, when winding down use the rest of you lemon, i've never had trouble, and i have never used a slurry nor yeast starter, i just add both my dry sugar and dry yeast and stir with drill
Dawg

CheerfulHeart

Reaction score
I haven't made Skeeter Pee in quite a while but I thought I'd try a batch and substitute Ruby Red grapefruit juice for lemon since I have it in the pantry. I'm hoping this will turn out nicely.

Latest posts