oop's

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok i friged up big time, one ferment was over the other was yet to be started, so I'm just piddling and add yeast engineer & yeast nutrient,, just as i was just stirring with my my drill stirrer into ,, then realized, yup,, i had added everything to my finished peach ready for secondary rack, so whats that do to my 14,7 gal of peach? BTW i added for 16 gal batch,,,,,,
Dawg

I think you’ll be just fine. I say rack it, sulfite it, and maybe add some bentonite / sparkalloid, before letting it settle for a few weeks. The yeast and most of the nutrient should settle out but you don’t want it sitting on that energizer too long. Rack, filter, and bottle when it’s clear. Just in case that extra nutrient spurs some unwanted visitors, I’d also probably prioritize those bottles for consumption first.

I think you’ll be just fine. I say rack it, sulfite it, and maybe add some bentonite / sparkalloid, before letting it settle for a few weeks. The yeast and most of the nutrient should settle out but you don’t want it sitting on that energizer too long. Rack, filter, and bottle when it’s clear. Just in case that extra nutrient spurs some unwanted visitors, I’d also probably prioritize those bottles for consumption first.
i racked and while doing so i filtered it through a 1 micron filter, had sulfide when raked, I'd racked it as soon as I seen what I'd done gave some thought of blending it with a lower alcohol spiced apple, the peach is a minimum of 18% ABV , racking was way before coming to the computer,,
thank you
Dawg

just did not know what it'd do to the taste,

I don't think it will do much to the taste. Obviously you're wine won't use it, the big concern with adding extra nutrients and energizer is that spoilage organisms would eat them and flourish, but at 18% abv there probably isn't much chance of that. Maybe go a bit higher on kmeta, but that's probably all I'd do.

And you gotta stop sampling quite so much. 🙂🙃😇😇

I don't think it will do much to the taste. Obviously you're wine won't use it, the big concern with adding extra nutrients and energizer is that spoilage organisms would eat them and flourish, but at 18% abv there probably isn't much chance of that. Maybe go a bit higher on kmeta, but that's probably all I'd do.

oh,,,
thank you.
Dawg

oh God you got me laughing so hard,
lol
D

Easier said than done!

don’t worry. everything will fine. Everyone makes errors in the beginning.

congrats on your 1st fermentation.
@Ajmassa you cod, lol , I've thought and thought, and no matter what you're right, one was a brute trash can of wine and the other brute was full of unpitched must ,so at that moment i did mess up my first wine in a barrel i messed up because the second had must in it, technically kinda sorta ,, i stand here whimpering like a puppy ,,, lol bone head,,, 😁
Dawg

Back