WineXpert Old Kit - Still Good?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyportale

Reaction score
Hello,
I've had this WE Island Mist, Sangria / Zinf. Blush kit for a few years now.
0611412 0208

Do you think it is still O.K. to make? Is yeast still within acceptable shelf life?
Thank you

depending on storage method should be good to go. Hydrate the yeast to see if viable, if not replace. definitely replace the K-Meta and sorbate they are marginal at one year. good luck

From an RJS customer service rep I was told that they were comfortable with a 2 year shelf life on their low end (VdV and below) kits. If the concentrate looks and smells good I say go for it.

Check the expiration date embossed on your yeast packet. If it is beyond the exasperation date then get some fresh yeast.

From an RJS customer service rep I was told that they were comfortable with a 2 year shelf life on their low end (VdV and below) kits. If the concentrate looks and smells good I say go for it.

Check the expiration date embossed on your yeast packet. If it is beyond the exasperation date then get some fresh yeast.

Lol, I hate it when my yeast is 'Exasperated' :) :i

I did a three year old kit on my first go (purchased in 2009, made in 2012) and it was just fine. Check your yeast and powders, and make sure the juice doesn't look brown.

Your kit probably came with Lalvin EC-1118. In any event, I would use that yeast -- it is a reliable fermenter.

I just check the contents. The yeast is Red Star Primere Cuvee. I could not find a date on the package. If I'm going to get a fresh package, is there something better to buy?
Thank you

Premiere curvee is a good yeast and I use it a lot also as mentioned ec1118 is another good choice

I spotted a KenRidge Founder Series Brunello - I know they are discontinued - I would think it is still good. Never done a Founder Series is the Brunello a good one - I know it is subjective but was wondering if anyone has done this kit and had any success with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back