Other Think the kit is bad?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keiyh

Keith
Reaction score
Hey Guys - UPS delivered a 1 gallon Winexpert Chile Cabernet Sauvignon Kit on Saturday around 11AM. It was on the front porch, in the heat but not in total sun, for over 32 hours. The high was 90 degrees both days. Unfortunately I was away for the weekend. It was boxed without any coolant / ice.

Think the kit is still good? Don’t want to take any chances?

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Keith from Long Island “ Bar Room Cellars”

While I don't disagree with the other comments, in this case it might be a good idea to contact Winexpert. That's a long time for your kit to be abandoned on your front porch. I do wish that delivery agents would quit doing that!
After something similar happened to me, I learned the phrase "do not safe drop"

Hey Guys - UPS delivered a 1 gallon Winexpert Chile Cabernet Sauvignon Kit on Saturday around 11AM. It was on the front porch, in the heat but not in total sun, for over 32 hours. The high was 90 degrees both days. Unfortunately I was away for the weekend. It was boxed without any coolant / ice.

Think the kit is still good? Don’t want to take any chances?

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Keith from Long Island “ Bar Room Cellars”
The only thing I’d be concerned about would be the yeast packet likely okay, but have a back up ready Just in case.

Latest posts

Back