Help me select my first wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll have a nice wine there, @BradC .

Hold on! It's going to be a fun ride!! :h

Congrats ! The hardest in wine making is to not making wine. :h
I would like to start a kit each day...:HB

I just wanted to follow up to share the results of my initial inquiry.

My Cellar Craft Showcase Pinot Gris is in the bottle and looking beautiful. The attached photo is my "index bottle" -- the rest has gone into dead-leaf-green burgundy bottles. Gold capsules and custom labels will be added soon.

Even better, it tastes fabulous already! I had a little over a half-bottle leftover when bottling, so my wife and I and a couple friends tried out the "leftovers." Frankly, if it simply holds at this level, I'll be absolutely giddy with these results. The thought that it might even improve with time seems ... well, greedy on my part.

This is going to be a fantastic summer wine -- notes of pineapple and green apple, and just a hint of sweetness.

Thank you all again for your suggestions and support. You definitely have me hooked!!

pinot gris index bottle.jpg

What do you guys think of the Wine expert Amarone kit? Im thinking of doing that next. anyone else do that one?

What do you guys think of the Wine expert Amarone kit? Im thinking of doing that next. anyone else do that one?

I'm sure the kit is fine. My concern would be that they sell it in the Selection International line vs. the Eclipse line. Amarone is a "big red", so you want to buy top of the line. I made the Cellar Craft Showcase Amarone.

It is a great kit. There are a handful of tweaks to consider (raisins and tannin in the primary, tannin in the finish) that kick things up a notch. Other than that, it needs to age 18-24 months till it hits prime time.

Back