Off season upgrades

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First.... Get the carboys off buckets and milk crates.... Get the barrels off milk crates.
Build a bench and stain it.
ImageUploadedByWine Making1454377721.070381.jpg
ImageUploadedByWine Making1454377740.593958.jpg

Adding two corners and an arch with base to existing ones....
ImageUploadedByWine Making1454377946.209758.jpg

What part of the house is your cellar? Looks like a basement in some shots but then in others there are lots of (eye level) windows?

Thanks! I will put up more pics when the additional racks are in.... It is in my basement. Garden view level though so windows on outside walls show yard.

Beautiful and inspiring.I just picked upa bunch of discarded pine from a local millwork shop.All sanded measuring 3\4x1 1\2x4 feet I think more bottle storage is in the works for me.Just wondering-wouldn't it be easyer to stain everything before assembly(I'm talking the short pieces that hold the bottles and uprights)?At any rate my cellar is MUCH more humble.

Absolutely! I stain everything... Then assy... Then touch up. I cheated and picked my stain. Poured half of the quart into a container. Then poured half of polyurethane. It stains and seals in one application!

That is the type of room that every one of us dreams about. My cellar is pretty impressive but is childs play compared to that. My next house I need to make something I can sit down and drink wine in.

Back