RJ Spagnols no date code

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrussell

Reaction score
Just started my winery series super tuscan and went to write down the date code off the box and there was no date code on it anywhere. I also had to have them send me the grape pack since it was not in there either. Anyone else have similar problems? It would be nice to know how fresh the kit is.Also just noticed that the (with grape pack) label was taped on after box was made. Looks like an old kit that was updated but they forgot to put grape pack in. Not the way to make a good impression.
smiley5.gif

rrussell said:
Just started my winery series super tuscan and went to write down the date code off the box and there was no date code on it anywhere. I also had to have them send me the grape pack since it was not in there either. Anyone else have similar problems? It would be nice to know how fresh the kit is.Also just noticed that the (with grape pack) label was taped on after box was made. Looks like an old kit that was updated but they forgot to put grape pack in. Not the way to make a good impression.
smiley5.gif

Date code should have been on the variety label (ie with the words Super Tuscan).

Gotta wonder about your retailer. Taped on grape skin label to a box without grape skins.

Steve

The only problem Ive ever had with an RJS product was a F-Pack switch up. I bought the Orange Chocolate Port kit and it came with the White Chocolate Port F-pack. I called them and they immediately sent out the right one for me. It sounds like someone tampered with your box to me.

All winery series have a tub of crushed grapes that resemble a thick chunky jam. You should have also found a sealed bag that had a hop bag for the grapes, and all the additives, like Bentonite, yeast, 2 sorbate, 1 k-meta, and a clearing pack of kieselsol and chitosan. There will also have been a few packs of oak for that kit too.

I'd say the kit was tampered with. I can't remember which grapes come with the super tuscan. Most likely merlot though. The tub should say merlot on the top of it.

I am guessing you purchased that kit locally.......

I would be on the phone PDQ to the proprietor asking some serious questions.

I got all the chemicals and the strainer bag. I did only get one bag of oak shavings tho. not sure whether that is all that should have been in there. They did send me the grape pack when contacted.

Maybe email RJS and ask then what the full contents of the box should be? Make sure you have everything.

Looks like this kit will be just fine. checked sg today. it was .998. snuck a little sample. It will be hard to keep from sneeking a bottle of this for a year, it is already very tasty.

Latest posts

Back