WineXpert New wine maker with a question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The instrctions said to top off up to 2 inches from the bottom of the bung. Mine is in the neck of the carboy but maybe 3 inches from the bung. Should I try to pull off some of the wine in the jug that has come off the lees and add it to the carboy? What about mixing it with the wine that is already in the carboy and has been sitting for 5 days clearing? Do I need to try to mix it or just let it blend in by it's self.

OOPs I added some to it today from the wine I pulled off of the lees. I tastedgreat. It is now about and inch below the bung. It is clearning up nicely. Had almost 3/4 of a bottle of wine that seperated from the lees after topping off the carboy. I am running the lees thru one more cycle since I mixed it all up with the turkey baster. I removed it from the jug and put it in a wine bottle so that it will be easier to draw off because it will be more upright and flat like in the jug. I will not be able to use the baster but I have a tiny hose that I can use to pull it out of the bottle.

OOPs I added some to it today from the wine I pulled off of the lees. I tastedgreat.

Scuba, your supposed to taste the wine, not yourself!
smiley36.gif

Edited by: wade

Hey Wade,
Youdon't see it. Joan did. It is right here!

Joan an I were talking on PM and she ask me a question about my wine. I told her to go to my post and look at the picture on page 2. I told her I would add a note so that it would come back up when she clicked on active topics. This way she would not have to hunt for it under wine concentrate kits.

Well I am back!! Loved Dubai, again! but was ready to come home. Bottled my wine this weekend. It really cleared up sitting in the carboy for an extra month. Tasted great at bottling. The kit said that it should age for 3 months before drinking. I wonder if the month in the carboy bulk aging counts towards that 3 month total. I wanted to take pictures of the bottling process but the wife was gone back home for the Mardi Gras and she had the camera with her. I did get 31 bottles out of the batch and happy about that. Still need to pick up some label paper and print them out and stick 'em on.

Good to be back.Edited by: ScubaDon

Glad to have you back Scuba, Anything after fermentation is considered aging in my book!

Back