NEW LABELS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! I enjoy seeing everyone's labels. I put very little effort into labels myself. It's more of a chore than anything to me. But everyone has their talents.

2006-01-14_225336_riverland_reserve_blue_-_Avery.jpg
Another Riverland Reserve label...now If I could just get it to clear....Ramona

Very pretty..almost a shame that the wine gets drank and then the bottle reused...have to age that one awhile so you can enjoy the lable longer...
smiley17.gif

Northern,

You made me think of an idea that you all could use to display your nice labels. Curtis went to a wine tasting at his job and the winery owners gave him a poster so I framed it. You all could do this or something like it with your labels to look at and enjoy all the time.

Ramona

2006-01-15_091326_Messina_Hof_Wines_100_1335.JPG

I just got a new Printshop and can't get myself away from it. I'm going to make a Niagara wine soon. Here is the label I might use.

Ramona
2006-01-15_104916_vino_niagra_-_Avery_5168_Addres.jpg
Edited by: rgecaprock

Bill,

Thank you!!! I was thinking of doing just that. It will be one of my projectsas soon as I get more labels that I really like and those last two are right up there. Seems like I run out of weekend sometimes when I have time to do the fun things!!! I get the ideas then here it is a busy work week. I really wish I had a job that combined what I love to do and make money in the process.You all have some really great labels too. So much you can do with the labels and corks!!!!

Ramona

Ramona,
I think that your idea of posters with your wine labels is great. I hope that others do that too, can hardy wait to see everyone's posters...what a great project.
I am too cheap to use all that ink and creative time on labels...our wines don't last very long and My labels are almost all the same, except for vintage and variety.
So, you mentioned creative things you can do with corks??? Do tell!!! I save the used corks for a Friend, she doesn't know what to do with them either.Saw someone made a curtain once by stringing the corks and hanging the curtain in a door way...and saw a picture frame once....so tell us your inspiration?????
smiley4.gif

I made a picture frame which turned out pretty good a long time ago and Cove Cottege, I think had mentioned making a wreath out of the corks. The curtain sounds great....like a beaded curtain..only with wine corks... I' ve seen trivets and bulletinboard made with them too.

I made a tray out of labels from a picture frame. I placed the labels under the glass, arranged on top of some interesting wrapping paper as the background, with some ribbon...or feathers...or anything you want. Then added some nice drawer handles that I got from Lowes or somewthere...I would post a picture but it is pretty old and has wax from candles all over it. You can use some pretty elaborate frames in various sizes and some pretty fancy handles too.

I got lots of compliments on mine..it is ususally on the coffee table. I used commercial labels (that was before I started making wine and doing my own labels.

One of my friends asked for my favorite label and had it imbedded into a flattened wine bottle to be used as a cheese tray...it came out nice too.

Oh, and I made a coffee table with labels that I decoupagedon top. I painted the table but I would have used nice wood if I had it. Then placed the labels around the edges or what ever pattern you want, glue on and polyurethene. My daughter has that one now...It was quite a conversation piece. Also thought about making a table with the surface inset enough to arrange the corksi n a pattern flush with the topthen cover with glass.

I also use wine crates....as furniture....my end table is 4 stacked nice wooden wine boxes.

Ramona

Just a few ideas!!!!!!

Edited by: rgecaprock

Thanks Ramona...sounds great. Like the wreath idea...hummm, think I'll open another!
smiley36.gif

Like the tray idea too, I have an old tray, but don't have any fancy labels.
So many ideas....Can anyone else add to these????Edited by: Northern Winos

Yes, would love to see the cork wreath...think that will be a goodie...interested to see the base and how they are attached..need more glue-sticks!

I think that Cove Cottege might know more about the wreath. I might have pictures somewhere of the table but it was before I got the digital camera so I would have to scan it in..I'll see what I can find.

Ramona

Sorry folks, I don't think I have any pictures of my cork wreath. I'll look in some of my photos and see if there is a picture of it in the background somewhere. Actually I may be inspired to make another one. If I do, I'll post a picture on an new post.

The wreath was sold in ayard sale. I joked with the woman who bought the wreath that it was worth about $3,000.00. Figured that was the cost of all the wine we drank to collect the corks!
smiley36.gif

Margaret

Cove Cottage said:
Sorry folks, I don't think I have any pictures of my cork wreath.  I'll look in some of my photos and see if there is a picture of it in the background  somewhere.  Actually I may be inspired to make another one.  If I do, I'll post a picture on an new post.  

The wreath was sold in a yard sale.  I joked with the woman who bought the wreath that it was worth about $3,000.00.  Figured that was the cost of all the wine we drank to collect the corks! 
smiley36.gif

Margaret

Would love to see the wreath or at least get an idea of what was used for the base, like a Styrofoam base, etc.???? Were the corks attached with a glue gun and would like to know how the corks were laid out..etc.???
Not really a project for the HomeMakers Club, nor for a kids school project. Would make a great gift for a wine maker.
Thanks for acknowledging this post
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back