NEW LABELS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OilnH2O said:
BMW!

That is a GREAT label -- and I know exactly where that spot on McDonald Creek is along the Going-to-the-Sun Road! GOOD for you!

Can I offer a couple of suggestions? First, spell out "Montana" rather than use the MT abbreviation -- I think we need to be proud! And second, if your printer has inks that tend to run, you can always get it printed either by someone with one of the newer printers that use 6 cartridges and have archival inks, or even take your label file on a diskette to a local printer there (or here when you come to visit your Grizzly Cub!) and I'm sure they'll print them up for you pretty inexpensively.
OilnH20, thanks for the suggestions, I like Montana spelled out, it looks better. And you were right about the picture coming from Glacier National Park. Most of my pictures are from Glacier we hike there almost every year. Last summer we took the trail from the top of Logan Pass to Swift Current. It was the best hike I have ever been on. I will be at the U tomorrow so I will check on printing we also have a place in Butte.

Not sure if I've posted the labels I've made so far or not.....but here goes.

Bob
http://www.albemarle-plantation.com/

2006-02-09_222647_blackberry.jpg
2006-02-09_222803_cajunberry.gif

2006-02-09_222934_elderberry.jpg
2006-02-09_223057_shiraz.gif

2006-02-09_223132_Md31_psd.jpg
Edited by: usafcajun

Waldo - Thanks. That coat of armsis what I've found as far back as I can trace for my family....which is quite a ways.

Cool.......Been checking out the homepage. I love working with old photos..restoring them..

Like this

2006-02-10_034612_family26_1.JPG

And this

2006-02-10_034805_family81_png.jpg

Bob - those are some fine labels.

It was interesting to read about the origins of your 18th century
ancestors. I grew up in eastern PA, close to the Brandywine Battlefield. It
is some beautiful, rolling farm land, and the home of Andrew Wyeth. Now
it is heavily developed and would be a difficult place in which to live now.

Bill

Very beautiful labels.

You are very lucky to have been able to trace your ancestors so far back. I've only gotten to 1770 and that's where my search ended (for now -- have been working on my genealogy for 15-18 years)....

Here's my newest:

2006-02-10_074510_2005hagebutten.jpg

Again, thanks to Waldo for the great photo-editing!

M.

Wow, M - I recognize you, but who's the pretty girl on the left side of the label?
smiley36.gif

Of course, just kidding.
smiley2.gif

I look a little different when I'm not pulling out my hair, huh? Actually, I was doing gardening when that side of the picture was being taken, but it fit so well into the other one so that I used it.

My gramma (oma) was a huge gardener too. That picture is taken on her terrace, which is still there today. I've celebrated many birthdays on that terrace. It just seemed fitting for this wine.

smiley1.gif

That is great work on those pictures Waldo. I had to go back to my site to look at the original pictures for comparison.

Bilbo - We can actually trace my families origin much much further back than what I have posted on the website. One of my relatives had done the research and published a book about the entire geneology. I've only posted the recent pertinent portion.

Martina - It's great to be able to trace your family history back and see what crops up. You never know what that estranged family member that no one talked about did till you dig. ;)

Bob

Gee, that Mullen grows out in the pasture....finally a use for the weeds....got any recipes for Wormwood, got loads of that....think that's 'The green Fairy'...?

I see plenty of labels here so I'll post the 2 that I'm currently working on for some review.

2006-02-23_163751_pinotlabel.jpg

2006-02-23_163735_rieslinglabel_Medium.jpg

Let me know what ya'll think of them.

Steve

Wow!! Very nice labels everyone. I'm just now trying to catch up with what everyone is doing. Great Job!!!!

Ramona

I'm debating on doing the same labels across all my wines like most wineries or doing varietal labels. Both options have their own appeal. Same allows me to set a make a template, set it up with a nice picture and change only the info. Making each varietal seperate though would probably look better overall, even if it didn't tie all of them together. That and hunting down pics of each varietal fruit or the terrior, then seeing what cool things I can do to the pic in Photoshop is part of the fun.

Steve

Latest posts

Back