NEW LABELS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks PWP...that is an interesting application, see that I am going to need alot of corks, probably no wreath this year....well...maybe
smiley17.gif

We do our best. Have been giving bags of used ones to a freind, we usually do a few 'crafty' things together, a wreath sound good. Anyone else have any ideas???
smiley17.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

We went to friends house a while back and they had a portion of a wall in their kitchen covered with wine corks. The corks were split in half and the flat sides were hot glued to the wall.

It looked great with many different corks but wouldn't work for me since all my used corks say "Fine Vine Wines" on them...but soon they will say "Valley Brew" !
smiley32.gif

You know when this wine making is more than just a hobby when you place that big order for 1000 personalized corks!

This is a label I'm justexperimenting with..Ipainted the picture on the label.

2006-01-21_161944_my_grapes_-_Avery_5168_Address.jpg
Edited by: rgecaprock

That is very nice jobe05, Ilike the looks of the old world style labels.

Very classy!!

Ramona

I love the labels
smiley4.gif
they all look so nice. I have trouble with my labels, I get them to look good on the computer, but when I print them they don't look so good on the bottle
smiley19.gif
. I have an inkjet printer so the quality isn't very good when printed.

I really wanted to use my own photos, here is one using a picture I took inGlacier National Park.

2006-02-06_185815_blackmerlot.jpg

BMW,

That is a very nice label, especially when you use your own pictures.

Be sure to take pictures of it on your bottles. It will look nice on the dark bottles.

What label program do you use? I like the shape of it!!! Nice work!!

Ramona

Ramona,

I just use Microsoft Word to get the shape and then I used paint to edit some of the lines. Kind of a round about way to make a label, but it works. I tried one reversing the color and it looked a little better on the bottle. The black just seems to disapear up against the dark bottle
smiley19.gif

I like making the labels as much as the wine, it is so much fun.

BMW!

That is a GREAT label -- and I know exactly where that spot on McDonald Creek is along the Going-to-the-Sun Road! GOOD for you!

Can I offer a couple of suggestions? First, spell out "Montana" rather than use the MT abbreviation -- I think we need to be proud! And second, if your printer has inks that tend to run, you can always get it printed either by someone with one of the newer printers that use 6 cartridges and have archival inks, or even take your label file on a diskette to a local printer there (or here when you come to visit your Grizzly Cub!) and I'm sure they'll print them up for you pretty inexpensively.

Another idea for the ink jet printer is to put a light spray of matte finish on the labels. It will bond the ink.

George

I declined the labels from the Green apple I ordered...any chance I could get them from you??

earl

Very nice label..
smiley32.gif

I've just printed 2 different labels at Kinko's. I installed
their software on my computer, then I designed the labels and arranged
them in Word. I clicked the Kinko's icon in the toolbar, selected
the paper and gave them my CC number. It was approx $1 a
page. One label I had 6 per page, the other I had 4. They
printed on color laser for me, and all was good. Could have
picked up 4 hours later. I looked at buying a color laser
just for printing labels and for the price of the printer and toner, I
couldn't justify it.

Cheers,

Doug

Doug,

It sounds like you've found the ideal way to make labels. I find myself hesitating because of the cost of ink and such soI print a label as needed most of the time.Show us your labels, would love to see them. Give us the link to download Kinko's software. Would like to check it out. Are you in Texas?

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

geocorn said:
Another idea for the ink jet printer is to put a light spray of matte finish on the labels.  It will bond the ink.

Thanks...that's a great idea...less drools in the ink if the label gets wet.
smiley17.gif

Well, my labels are not as great or as original as I'd like. But here is one of the latest.

<!--[if gte vml 1]>

</v:ulas>

<o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/>
</v:shape>

</v:shape><![endif]--></span>
2006-02-09_205250_Copy_of_pinot_noir_2.bmp
2006-02-09_205606_strawberry_merlo_2t.bmp

Kinko's Link is: Online printing

I'm in Plano, TX.....

Doug

Latest posts

Back