NEW LABELS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take it easy on the wine before you cut! I use a paper cutter too, the one from my scrapbooking supplies.

Thanks, I will probably quit buying pre-pasted labels. I have a paper slicer and have used a fabric rotary cutter with a straight edge, so think I can get them cut okay....my labels aren't very fancy anyway. Everyone has such elaborate labels...guess I will post mine so you can all feel good about your own.....Thanks for the input.
2005-11-28_102940_Hamann_Hills.jpg

This is my inspiration....these are our hills [pasture]
2005-11-28_103057_scan.jpg

This is one of our lables....and our XXX-Rated neck label. Only applied to certain bottles before distribution.[unless GEOCORN George censored it]
2005-11-28_103310_Sparkling_Apple_Wine.jpg

On the bottles.
So, mine are very plain and maybe someday I will put the photo of our hills on the label....till next time

I think your labels do the job just fine. I don't have time to create all sorts of new labels all the time, and we just have 2 or 3 that we use. And I can't see anything x-rated on your neck label. Almost everyone becomes more chatty when they drink!
smiley2.gif

NW, I would be interested in the recipe and procedure for your Sparkling Brut Apple unless it is a family secret.
smiley2.gif

I moved your posts to Wine Recipes under a new Topic "Sparkling Brut Apple"

Are you using a Mac with Safari as your Browser? I know bilbo-in-maine had the same problem with hyperlinks and when he switched to using Fire fox as his browser when on the forum it worked ok.Edited by: masta

Masta.... Thanks for moving that...maybe more members will see the post there, and....see how easy making some bubbly is.
I think my problem about not being able to post the hyper-links might be my anti-virus program...it hinders alot of activities...that's how it goes. Also and most probable is my computer illiteracy...Thanks Masta.

Are you using a Mac with Safari as your Browser? I know bilbo-in-
maine had the same problem with hyperlinks and when he switched to
using Fire fox as his browser when on the forum it worked ok.

Now I just manually type in the link text between bracketed "url" and "/
url"

Still use FireFox to upload imagesEdited by: bilbo-in-maine

rgecaprock said:
I Love your pasture....a great place to escape!!!

Ramona
Thanks Ramona, we love the pasture too...it is a special place...our 2 aging Appaloosas roam out there. My hubby plowed up the more level areas and plants soybeans on some of it...so the horses get it during the off seasons....there still are plenty of wild flowers on the hills and Monarchs and other butterflies...The pasture was the reason I agreed to move here. Not many hills around this part of the country, so it is a special place.

AAASTINKIE said:
to post hyperlinks with firefox, I save the page in favorites, then
right click on the link in favorites and copy and when I paste it comes
up as a link.

Fine Vine Wines Forum: Active Topics

have to paste in with : control V
Thanks Guys....I will try to post some Links in the future. It is kind of frustrating when you think you are doing it right....then it still doesn't work...later...

NW, I think your pasture picture would make a wonderful label. It's a beautifull setting....... When you look out over the feild and you see that big tree in the back ground I can picture just to the left of it about 6 rows of grape vines growing someday......
smiley2.gif

Even better.... Good idea.......

You can keep an eye on the vineyard from the rocking chair on the porch................

Im gonna go cry now.....
smiley19.gif
...... Im jealous!

Hey N.W., I had some time and thougth I would take a shot at creating a label out of your picture. Kind of basic, didn't want to cover up too much of that beautiful landscape.
2005-12-01_074006_Hamann_Hills.jpg

Nice.... I like it better than my Print Master version of the hills. Right now the hills are covered with the first fresh blanket of snow...perhaps an ice-wine on the horizon.....?

PRINTER PAPER LABEL
Well that worked just fine...not too shabby....used my paper guillotine to cut them and a glue stick. Always a few put on crooked no matter what you use for labels...must be from tasting the wine while you work. Think they look as good as those repasted/hard to remove adhesive labels. Used some *FREE PRINTER PAPER, so the price was right. Thanks for the idea everyone.

*FREE PRINTER PAPER..available from your local Office Max, Staples stores when you bring in an empty ink cartridge, they hand over a 500 sheet ream of not-too-bad paper for free. Check you local office supply stores for such a deal.

I refill my own black ink cartridges, has anyone done the colored cartridges....they sure are expensive...Printer free..ink extra.
The wine was great...the tastes of summer....know why so many songs are written about strawberry wine...term for discription..."Fruity"

2005-12-02_083118_Rhubarb-Strawberry-_Red_grape.jpg

Nice job NW - it's good to hear it worked out for you.

Didn't know about the free paper deal at the print centers, thanks.
smiley1.gif

Bill

Free is good! I'll have to check it out. You're going to love how nicely they come off the bottles when you wash them. I've also used a tape runner on the corners of the labels. That comes off with a hit of water and then a thumb nail under it. Oh no!
smiley29.gif
My scrapbooking is invading the wine making!

Nice labels. NW.....you live in a special place so taking avantage of the scenery and what you love...is a good subject for a label. Did you grow the rhubarb? I grew up picking rhubarb!!!! Haven't had it for a very long time though.

Ramona

Back