New from NePa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankieBones

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I started experimenting with winemaking about 6 months ago and am totally hooked. Our house has a old fashioned wine cellar (stone, dirt, 3 thick stone outside walls) from the previous owners (house is 100+ years old), and I have taken full advantage of it. I started out making a few batches from Cru kits, and am currently purchasing juice from local wine suppliers. I did a Johannesburg Riesling and a Barolo from kits. Both taste great and are now in storage. I'm in the process of getting a few more pails of juice from Chile.
Your forum is full of great information from some real characters :) I think I will fit in just fine. I 've put a lot of time and effort into my new hobby, which I hope will become a part of life for my family and I. My area is full of people whose families have been making wine long before coming to the US, and I have had the pleasure of learning the "old" techniques from them that I can supplement with more "recent" information I learn from books and websites like yours'. Many people my age have seem to lost interest in things their ancestors have done, and I want to revive the spirit for my children and grandchildren, by the grace of God :)
I am always coming up with new questions to ask, as well as possible solutions for others. I will try to be active here and contribute my share to this community, as well as post some photos of my progress. I will take all praise as well as criticism equally. Bere per la tua salute!

Your forum is full of great information from some real characters :) I think I will fit in just fine. Bere per la tua salute!

Frankie welcome to the forum. I have no idea what the heck you mean by that remark unless if you're talking about Julie. Being from PA you're going to have to behave and please don't embarrass the rest of us. We have our timid reputation to keep up. Feel free to ask questions anytime in 15 words or less. By the way I have visions of your new wine cellar.

P2050062.jpg

If you stay around here long enough to will find out that we need pic or it didn't happen by the way welcome and where the pic

Hi Frankie

Welcome to winemakingtalk. And what Dan was trying to say is "Julie has real character" unlike Dan who is a "Real Character"

Tom how did I do on the capitalization?

:i

Last edited:
Welcome to the PA Wine Talk forum. ok not really PAWT but there must be something in PA that draws all of you here?

And your questions can be any length you want! He just said 15 words because that's all he's able to retain at one sitting. :D

Welcome to the PA Wine Talk forum. ok not really PAWT but there must be something in PA that draws all of you here?

And your questions can be any length you want! He just said 15 words because that's all DAN's able to retain at one sitting. :D

I'd 2nd that remark ! :dg

Welcome to a great forum where as you can see we have lots of fun and learn alot while we are at it. Add one more to the PAers on here.. Make sure you put yourself on the map.

Welcome aboard. I'm just south of Pa in MD.
Good crowd here. Will keep you well informed and laughing.

Welcome aboard! We're going to have to change the name of this forum to PAWinemakingtalk or something similar pretty soon.......... :d

Welcome aboard! We're going to have to change the name of this forum to PAWinemakingtalk or something similar pretty soon.......... :d

Didn't I already say that? At least you PA folks keep this place alive and growing.

SHOULD I TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO YOU CAN HEAR IT TOO? :D

I'm glad there are several wine members nearby. Great friends and it's a good learning experience. Plus you can enhance your wine cellar at the party's.

Latest posts

Back