Need Member Photos!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wadewade, Concentrate now,,,, keep looking,,,,,don't blink,,,,,,,keep your eyes on the screen,,,,here it comes,,,,,,,,keep looking

X

Can you see it now?
smiley36.gif

northern winos, love your log cabin, but the surroundings look brrrrrrr! Two months?! WOW! Make sure you stock up on that wine for those chilly nights, evenings, days. Well, have plenty of wine!
smiley36.gif

We only go out there during the days, need daylight to see the fish go through the hole so we can spear them....very fun past time...and get to eat some good fish too.

Is this a hand spear? Or something mechanical? I guess I never heard of spearing them. Oh! I've heard of spearing fish, but my thought was a fishing pole in the hole. That sounds challenging! How large is the hole?

I was getting worried there wadewade. But with those K-9 eyes I'm sure you couldn't have missed it.

jsmahoney said:
Is this a hand spear? Or something mechanical? I guess I never heard of spearing them. Oh! I've heard of spearing fish, but my thought was a fishing pole in the hole.  That sounds challenging!  How large is the hole?

Our hole is about 3 X 4.6 feet...Yes...big enough to fall throuh...but you have to be careful....and sober.

In the photo you can see the ice chunks that came out of the hole....[beside the lawn chair]...the hight of the ice chunk is how thick th ice was...about 27 inches at that time...

You spear with a hand held spear, try to nail them behind the head...It is changing and a real rush when a big one comes in to look at your decoy....It makes your heart race for sure.

Minnesota might be one of th only states where non-native people can spear fish, but only through the ice in a dark house.

Would love to see more pictures......The hole.....spear........a speared fish

20061125_063342_100_2651_Small_.jpg
My daughter, Lain and I, on Thanksgiving day!! Hope everyone had a wonderful day!!

Ramona

Here is a photo of looking down the spearing hole in the ice....with a small fish looking at the decoy....

Scan0001.jpg

Catch of the day ..last year...12.6# and 19#

Scan0002.jpg

Catch of the day...early this year...17#

bigfishSmall.jpg

These were our biggest fish...they are Northern Pike...the only fish we are allowed to take with a spear...

Now I am anxious for the lakes to freeze.....got very cold last night....kind of rude after the 60* weather we had been enjoying...but this is Minnesota and this is more like what we should expect this time of the year...Bright and sunny, but cold...maybe snow next week...Edited by: Northern Winos

rgecaprock said:
20061125_063342_100_2651_Small_.jpg
 <FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#663300 size=3>My daughter, Lain and I, on Thanksgiving day!!  Hope everyone had a wonderful day!!

Ramona</font>

Ramona...your daughter is lovely....and I see green plants outside your window...we call those houseplants....you just let them live outside...probably where they are happier...

Striking resemblance, beauty does not skip a generation there!
Edited by: wadewade

Northern, those are some nice looking pike there. I've always heard they grow big in MN???? Ramona, what a lovely picture of you and your daughter. I agree with wade.....

I found this a month or so ago. It was an interesting place on Beavers Bend reservoir. I was on an adventure on my Goldwing when I found this. Had to stop and sample the grapes.

20061127_191716_winery11.jpg

Back