My winemaking area.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koom

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my work area with you all. Ok maybe a little showing off too. Lol. I encourage all newbees like me to share with everyone.

2010-10-09 15.47.01.jpg

Very nice wish I had that kind of space. I started mine in the kitchen which moved to the spare bathroom to ferment then which moved back to the kitchen then to a bonus room for stage 2

I started mine in the kitchen which moved to the spare bathroom to ferment then which moved back to the kitchen

That's the way my obsession started.:D

Looks good. I wish I had a sink in my immediate area but the stationary tub is in the next room so it's not too bad. I need to do some more cleaning in my area and then frame it off to separate from the rest of the basement.

AHHH THOMAS, you're suppose to pick the bottles up after you're done drinking! Not just leave them where you fell until you're getting company!!!!!:slp
U mean tripping over all those (20+) carboys in different rooms?

Wow Grapeman, Awesome setup! I thought I was blessed with a space in the basement. I've gotta get more stuff !!!!

Not to hijack the thread, but John it is a 162 gallon tank, not set up yet. Agreed about the tables. I had to set them up temporarily to rack to the carboys from the fermenters. The winery is in a fluid state, ever changing to accomodate immediate needs. Hopefully I can get some extra time soon to organize and set it up better. I also learned that if you use the Brutes as legs for a bench, make sure they are full to keep their shape. Last winter I had a setup like that collapse one of the brutes. I went out and their were 6 or 7 carboys that had slid down as the thing collapsed and none of them broke as the first one caught against the wall.

Not to hijack the thread, but John it is a 162 gallon tank, not set up yet. Agreed about the tables. I had to set them up temporarily to rack to the carboys from the fermenters. The winery is in a fluid state, ever changing to accomodate immediate needs. Hopefully I can get some extra time soon to organize and set it up better. I also learned that if you use the Brutes as legs for a bench, make sure they are full to keep their shape. Last winter I had a setup like that collapse one of the brutes. I went out and their were 6 or 7 carboys that had slid down as the thing collapsed and none of them broke as the first one caught against the wall.

Truly dodged a bullet on that one!

I remember that my disater happened while my Wife and I were on vacation. When we got back, I notice that the whole house smelled of wine. When I went to my basement, I found that my entire year's wine had smashed on the floor and ran down the dry well. OUCH!

Truly dodged a bullet on that one!

I remember that my disater happened while my Wife and I were on vacation. When we got back, I notice that the whole house smelled of wine. When I went to my basement, I found that my entire year's wine had smashed on the floor and ran down the dry well. OUCH!

Thank God for us up north with basements to work in. I have heard similar stories in kitchens and other rooms on the main floor.

Thank God for us up north with basements to work in. I have heard similar stories in kitchens and other rooms on the main floor.

Basement?? Whats that?? haha there are no basements in southern cali. so yes that would be me moving from room to room and even using the bathroom space lol. But hey got to start somewhere!

Basement?? Whats that?? haha there are no basements in southern cali. so yes that would be me moving from room to room and even using the bathroom space lol. But hey got to start somewhere!

No basement is a small price to pay for living in San Diego!

I always feel sorry for your weathermen. Imagine, having to say "Sunny with highs in the 80s" day after day after day! They must suffer from severe boredom:)

Way better then how I started but we all deal with it and slowly up grade. Heres a shot of when I first started in a basment that would flood every time it rained and I mean water actually shooting up through the floor like a fountain! Then I spent $6,500 for a company to come in and diog it all up, put in drains, and a sump, and re pour. then the farming and sheetrocking began for me.
Startedoff.jpg

Flood.jpg

Here is the link to the beginning of my basement!
http://forum.finevinewines.com//forum_posts.asp?TID=3282&PN=2
And here is the end result with 2 rooms dedicated to wine and beer.
Recentroom.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

LeftSideWithDoorRack.jpg

RightSideCellar.jpg

Sculpturedone.jpg

Do you see the gradual money savings? Hehehehehe

So Wade, what kind of farming did you do before the sheetrocking? Did you help the guys diog it up?

Make fun of my "shingy" tank will you? ROFLMAO

The rest of you guys please ignore this........... sorry, I just had to get even with Wade for making fun of my "shingy" new tank.. hehehehehehe!

Damn stupid fingers dont know how to spell as good as I do!!!!! heheheh payback realy is a SOB! :):) Ummmm framing and dig!

Latest posts

Back