My wine rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini-Me Wine rack

I made this little version of my wine racks out of leftover lumber. I added a little bit of trim, a padded leather top, sanded it, waxed it and will donate it to our church auction/fundraiser. Probably should leave the wine out ( some at church might not think it's right )

here's some pics

DSC_0222 (Small).JPG

DSC_0224 (Small).JPG

DSC_0231 (Small).JPG

BOB

w0W!!!

I know a bunch of folks around these parts that would bid on it in a heartbeat! Beautiful! :br

They look great but I was just wondering why so many run the long pieces vertically instead of horizontally. It would only take half as many of the short pieces that the wine actually sits on.

My thinking is: the more vertical supports you have the better the overall weight would be distributed ( less of a load on each leg)

BOB

fivebk said:
My thinking is: the more vertical supports you have the better the overall weight would be distributed ( less of a load on each leg)

BOB

I agree but it looks like a vertical brace every 3 feet would be sufficient. Maybe it is just an aesthetics thing.

Bob that rack is awesome. I also made three racks like that that hold close to 150 bottles each. Like Mike said I would by tickets on it in a heartbeat.

I made this little version of my wine racks out of leftover lumber. I added a little bit of trim, a padded leather top, sanded it, waxed it and will donate it to our church auction/fundraiser. Probably should leave the wine out ( some at church might not think it's right )

BOB

I like the finish. I just did one and did a pre-stain sealer, stain, and polyeurathane. Its ok, but on pine, i don't think it looks nearly as nice as yours.

What is a wax finish?

derunner, It's just a finishing wax that you can get at any lowes/menards/ home depot. You have to apply about three coats wiping off excess after it has dried between coats.

pgottshall, Thanks again for sharing your jig design with this forum. Anyone can adapt it to the size they want. My first rack holds 252 bottles, the second one holds 272 bottles and the small one holds 24. I used the same jig to make all three!!!

BOB

Hey Bob, is that some Soaring Wings cases under the wine bench? Donna saved several cases for me too. I was sad to see her move on.

Great set up, thanks for letting me copy some ideas.

Mark

Last edited:
Back