my very 1st!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
then I have sheets of labels that look like this and when I'm ready to use them I take a razor and a ruler and cut them out...

:slp
Smacking myself for not thinking of this. It's been taking forever with scissors..lol! Thanks for the idea!

I'm so proud:p I got 29 and 3/4 bottles out of this batch of berry stinger skeeter pee would have been a full 30 but I had to taste :dg inspired by Lon and Dave! Thanks Guy's!!!!

Wow, very nice. I like the look of the red shrink cap. I've been trying to decide what color to put on mine but haven't picked yet. I love your label too!

It sure is fun watching someone else go through the same process with you. We've both got some yummy goodness to enjoy this summer.

My wife is really crafty, she uses a paper cutter maybe it's called a shear but it cuts perfectly square edges and very fast.

that does sound good thanks JJ I will be making that for sure!
yes, TJ I have one of those cutters on my list to buy I'm sure they sell them at craft stores
theN maybe I can do multiple pages at a time!!!

Love the way the label colors go with the pee color.

Thanks! hey youre from Beaumont! I used to live in Nederland, nice to meet you tonyt..:b
Neat. We owned a few businesses in Nederland, Yorks/South Yorks drive ins, Starship Hallmark and the Cookie Company in the mall.

amazing I have family still out there. the last time I was there was 1989 it kinda looked like a ghost town:(

I suggest trying this recipe.

Upstate Mike's Caramel Apple Cider

I made this and it turned out great in just 9 days! I call it Apple Pie Cider.

Wanted to give you an update in case you decide to try this recipe. My corks started popping a few days ago and I ended up having to dump it all out due to excessive carbonation.

The recipe says to rack off yeast and add campden at 1.010 to stop fermentation. Knowing that wouldn't do the trick, I also added potassium sorbate. Well that didn't do the trick either! Basically if you try that recipe, be sure to ferment dry first (don't try to stop at 1.010). I am starting a batch of Apple Pie Cider using my own recipe today (that won't explode...lol) so I'll post it in case you want to try.

whoa.. thanks for the heads up, please keep me posted about how your recipe turns out.
Thanks!

Wanted to give you an update in case you decide to try this recipe. My corks started popping a few days ago and I ended up having to dump it all out due to excessive carbonation.

The recipe says to rack off yeast and add campden at 1.010 to stop fermentation. Knowing that wouldn't do the trick, I also added potassium sorbate. Well that didn't do the trick either! Basically if you try that recipe, be sure to ferment dry first (don't try to stop at 1.010). I am starting a batch of Apple Pie Cider using my own recipe today (that won't explode...lol) so I'll post it in case you want to try.

Thats crazy they would have you try and stop a fermentation like that, unless if they just wanted you to rack to a secondary and finish the fermentation. I agree with you, let 'er go dry then stabilize.

LOL, sorry to hear about your explosions but if you think about it, a wine in 9 days? Glad to hear you are using you own recipe. I always tell people, a recipe is only a guideline not set in stone.

my new batch!
IMG_1550.jpg

awesome looking labels and that wine looks pretty good as well.

awe thanks guys I love this hobby! I just found out I won 10 chicks of my choice on the chicken forum lol I never wine anything!!!! today is a good day:hug

Latest posts

Back