My Milk Wine project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend, I have no idea what kind of alchemy you have concocted in your endeavors, but every part of my wine making knowledge is telling me something very bizarre is going on here!

Is it carbonated?
Could residual sugars still be fermenting?

I am truly perplexed at this strange occurrence. I do not how to approach this problem (is it a problem?).

:::Hahahaha, good call Runningwolf:::

HEY SETH just wondering whose picture are you going to put on the side of the milk carton (bottle) when its done?

Oh u hush lol. ^___^

No, its not really carbonated and i dont think its fermenting sugars because the gravity has stayed constant. Who knows what its doing lol

i had the mountain dew colour untill i added cinamon and it asorbed the colour and turnd a light brownish apple juice like colur

I think you should give it a quick stir...maybe there just some gasses trapped in there. I agree with the farmy taste. When I bottled mine, it tasted like white wine with a slight milk aftertaste. I had meant to put a little vanilla in half but totally forgot.

Ok let's add Farmy to the flavor wheel, kinda straw-ey with a hint of cow manure.
:)
It's most likely just degassing still. Have you done any degassing? In my wines that are almost clear I can see them degassing forever and some do it so much longer then others.

Ok, with the gallon i have left im attempting to raise it from the dead!! it is 16 percent alcohol right now and i just added enough nutrient and syrup to raise it to 22.5 percent if it ferments dry ^_^ this should be itneristng to say the least

and just doing a preliminary... I heated with a bath of warm water... added energizer... and my lord i think that it is actually fermenting again.. ill know for sure tomomorow... Keep in mind.. this is all AFTER having been sorbated and sulfited plus sittin in my closet for a few months sitting steady at 16percent alcohol with 1 percent alchol potential untapped....

E=MC2 bro, I think it might be the 2 that gets you. get the horses out of hte barn!!

LOL

So how did this turn out? Any pics of the final product?

Interesting... I made a gallon batch of koumis some months ago using lactose free /fat free milk. For the sugar source I used honey (about 12% ABV) and then added some roasted cocoa nibs. So it is a milk chocolate honey wine... but it doesn't taste like Toblerone although it is becoming noticeably more drinkable as it ages. The color is bright clear with a hint of burnished gold.

Back