My Milk Wine project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be able to find them in the spice aisle.
Are you in a big city? Any large grocery store should have them.

The Safeway here carries them but they are behind the counter, the crack heads were buying them up because they usually come in a glass tube. I wonder what the crack heads want with vanilla beans?? LOL Idiots.

They also have the poppy seeds and a couple other things behind the counter, must be experimenters caused those things to be under scrutiny!! LOL

Never heard of Bilo, but he sounds like one of the above mentioned crackheads!! LOL Wal Mart might have them. Can you call first and ask them. Is that all you have for groceries. Are you out in the country? You could always order them online without a doubt.

Im kinda sorta out in the country lol. We have pigly wigly, BI-LO, Wallmart, And a buncha small discount stores.

Even if you don't go with the beans, use Pure Vanilla Extract, also in the spice aisle, don't use the imitation flavored vanilla. Stuff is going to be strong add only a few drops at a time.

Around here Madagascar vanilla beans cost about $15 each. They are 4" long. Used to bite the bullet and buy them when they were $8, but now use extract. Unless you need the bean bits, as in french vanilla ice cream, extract will have the same result.

No idea, but add it slow, maybe start with one teaspoon per gallon, maybe less. Pure extract is going to be STRONG. It goes without saying you can add more but can't remove it.

Its the name of a store -_-. it does not inspire me to create higher potency alcohol but some of the people who work there might lol.

I wonder how long i should let the vanilla sit in the wine before i decide to add more?

Seth do you work on your wines with a blade of straw in your mouth? Dan may be getting to the truth of this whole thing. LOL

But in your defense, why do you have to live in the country to make high octane wine?

Sometimes we need alcohol and a glass of "regular" wine just won't do.

Yeah Seth!!! Whats wrong with you!!! LMAO.

I would never make high octane wine! I just like to say I do! LOL

hehe good point lol.. and whats wrong with straw blades -_- they are cheaper than toothpicks 5 to 1.

To be honest i believe that there is a semi unexplored area of winemaking. Some call it hooch, but i believe that drinkable high alcohol wine is a largely un explored section of wine making. Im not saying that a two month old bottle of rocket fuel is better than a finely aged bottle of strawberry wine, but i believe that it atleast deserves respect.
I also believe that drinkability and incorporating the Hot taste of high alcohol with the correct fruit and spices go hand in hand.

I thought that it sounded good anyways. I figured that since everyone strives to make a finely ballenced wine, why not make an unballenced wine and gear the flavor to compliment the unbalance. ( I should sell that wine to food and wine) lol

We can only imagine you guys drinking this in the streets! :f

babybottle.jpg

Latest posts

Back