Muscadines planted.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoiledRotten

Reaction score
I just planted a few (4) muscadines this past week. I know, it's not much but then I don't have a plantation. I just thought it would be fun to grow some more of the fruit used in different wines.

I already grow plums, peaches, blueberries, and apples. This year will be the first year to (hopefully) have a good crop of plums since I started making wine.

I know I got off to a rough start with the wine making, but all of the wine I've made in the last year have turned out to be more enjoyable to my family and me than the stuff we bought at the wine stores. I guess that is because we are able to make it specifically for our taste. I love this hobby more than ever. It's been a little while since I've been on the forum due to other interests that needed more attention while the wine is fermenting it's nice to get back to posting with my WMT friends.
I have my first batch of Skeeter P going now, but the wife was just not happy with the thought of drinking "skeeter P" so she said we would have to call it something else. We got together and named it Sumot Lemoir, pronounced the same way Pinot Noir is. That stuff tastes mighty fine when I racked it last when the SG was at about 1.010! The little wife tasted it, smiled and said, “I can see how this stuff could be dangerous”.

BTW, you'll be glad to know that my patience level has risen to a new degree since I've been working on the 3 "P"s. I guess it easier to be patient after you have a good number of filled bottles stock piled.

Cheers

So, it can be done. I think I'm at my second "P' now, it's been hard but I'm working on it.
Semper Fi

My Pee has already fermented down to dry. I added the sorbate and Sparkalloid about 4 days ago and just waiting for it to clear up now. If I take this stuff to the golf course, I'm going to make spritzers out of it. By the 6th hole, I might not be able to find the ball. :D

Welcome back to the fold Randy!

Post some pics of the little fellers when they start to bust out and grow up!

Back