Mojito Skeeter anyone?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to have to try this one!!! I made a mulled cinnamon pee late last year. The wife didn't care for it too much, but I really enjoy it!!!

What do you guys bottle your pee's in? I made my husband drink a ton of Modela especiale's because I fell in love with those clear short fat bottles. He was pretty upset about it.

I have been using corona bottles. There is a post on here about cleaning the silkscreen ink from the bottle using limeaway or vinegar.

REDBOATNY said:
Go for it Snowgirl!
Mine has all worked out and has been in secondary with sparkoloid for 5 days. It is clearing very slowly. I may add superKleer soon as i am eager to add the mint and backsweeten. If it is good, I will be starting another larger batch very soon. The first 3 gallon batch was only to satisfy my curiosity.:wy

I have been contemplating making a mint wine for a while, tons of it growing here. If the lime-mint combo works, I'll have to get a batch started!

Let us know how it tastes!

What do you guys bottle your pee's in? I made my husband drink a ton of Modela especiale's because I fell in love with those clear short fat bottles. He was pretty upset about it.

If you can find them, the old returnable 10 oz. pop bottles work reallly well. They are made out of a heavy glass and do not break easily. Also, a couple of 10 ouncers and you are well on your way to a skeeter buzz. I cap them with a bottle capper, tho. They don't last long enough to try and age anyway and I usually don't bottle til it is 6 mo. or so anyway. Arne.

:u
Racked the 3 gallon batch of Mojito Skeeto today. Adjusted to 5 brix (about 4 cups inverted sugar) added 1/2 a bottle mint extract to taste, and a few drops green food coloring. Added the first pack of SuperKleer, I wasn't patient enough to wait for clearing on this one. This is goooood stuff. Going to start another batch pronto and maybe try the carbonation method that was posted this week.

100_0411.jpg

REDBOATNY said:
Racked the 3 gallon batch of Mojito Skeeto today. Adjusted to 5 brix (about 4 cups inverted sugar) added 1/2 a bottle mint extract to taste, and a few drops green food coloring. Added the first pack of SuperKleer, I wasn't patient enough to wait for clearing on this one. This is goooood stuff. Going to start another batch pronto and maybe try the carbonation method that was posted this week.

Love the color! Looks awesome!

Love the color! Looks awesome!
Thanks! Found out a little green food coloring goes a long ways (and so does the mint). I only put in a few drops, and when I stirred, this is what I got! Now I have 3 1/2 bottles of mint extract to use up.:slp

REDBOATNY said:
Thanks! Found out a little green food coloring goes a long ways (and so does the mint). I only put in a few drops, and when I stirred, this is what I got! Now I have 3 1/2 bottles of mint extract to use up.:slp

You'll just have to make more! :D

That is absolutely beautiful!!!!! You should call it antifreeze!! I have to try this now after seeing it!

@redbotany

looked for a thread on the carbonation method you mention, but I couldn't locate it...can you assist please and, brilliant idea BTW!

Something you all could try doing is lightly muddling a ton of mint leaves inside of your secondary fermentation vessel and letting the pee soak up the mint flavours. The reason a i recommend lightly muddling over boiling or thrashing the mint is because mint, when you start to muddle it too hard starts to release a lot of bitter flavours as opposed to when you lightly muddle which extracts a lot of the lighter minty flavors.. Of course, you would need quite a bit of mint to do this I believe.

They are real, and they are fabulous!
The Mojito Skeeto experiment is complete, and I couldn't be happier.
I am going to let them age until tomorrow night, and then get started with the quality control process at band practice.

mojito skeeto.jpg

Quality control at band practice. Sounds like a good way to have none left. LOL, Drink hearty but not so much you can't be careful on the roads home. Arne.

Latest posts

Back