Mojito Skeeter anyone?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back sweetened my Mojito Skeeter Pee at lunch. Need to sample after work. I took it to 1.008 added, 1/8 cup additional lime based on trial sampling last week, 3 tsp mint and 1 1/4 tsp rum extract for a 5 gallon batch. Oh the green coloring posted earlier, that was a must as well. Not quite antifreeze green but has a nice toxic glow. Looking forward to filtering and bottling this weekend.

I started my Mojito Skeeto 8 days ago, still in the primary, slowest ferment I have ever had. SG 1.018, now, started at 1.085, added extra yeast nutrient & yeast eng. yesterday, helped a little. Smells great, just SLOW, temps 75*, stirring 2x a day etc. I usually can ferment dry in 6-7 days, even S P. oh well, hope it will be worth it. Roy

I started my Mojito Skeeto 8 days ago, still in the primary, slowest ferment I have ever had. SG 1.018, now, started at 1.085, added extra yeast nutrient & yeast eng. yesterday, helped a little. Smells great, just SLOW, temps 75*, stirring 2x a day etc. I usually can ferment dry in 6-7 days, even S P. oh well, hope it will be worth it. Roy

It will definately be worth it. I bottled ours last night and put 18 12 oz bottles in the fridge with the other 12 oz bottles of regular pee.

I used 2 cans of frozen Bracardi Mojito mix and 4 sliced limes in my primary. I did adjust the recipe to a 5 gal batch. Pulled the limes out today, fermentation going a little better. I've also added sliced lemons to Lon's regular Pee. Roy

Started another batch of the Mojito. First batch went way to fast. SG now at 1.030, adding final 2 bottles of lime additional nutrient and also adding 2 1/2 cups of sugar to up the alcohol a little.

Last batch for 6 gallons I added 3 tsp of mint 1 tsp of rum extract 1/4 of 1/2 gallon of rum. Will cut back on mint, and consider addition of rum again.

My second batch of Mojito was at 1.004 last night. I'll give it another day or 2 then transfer to the carboy....Should be ready to go sometime around the middle of September.

Mojito is clearing nicely on it's own. Going to rack of the light lees this weekend and possibly back sweeten. Looking forward to another batch of this. Need to pick up a bottle of rum. I added about 1/2 of a half gallon to the last batch to add some rum flavor. Couldnt taste it much.

My Mojito Sketto, is 11 weeks old & ready to bottle. I don't even RUSH my "Pee". Just back sweetened to 1.009. I did add a 1/2 bottle of rum extract at fermentation, but it doesn't have a rum taste. So I assume a 1/2 gallon of rum would change that & the ABV. We have never had a real Mojito, so we are not ones to comment on taste. Roy

My Mojito Sketto, is 11 weeks old & ready to bottle. I don't even RUSH my "Pee". Just back sweetened to 1.009. I did add a 1/2 bottle of rum extract at fermentation, but it doesn't have a rum taste. So I assume a 1/2 gallon of rum would change that & the ABV. We have never had a real Mojito, so we are not ones to comment on taste. Roy

I've never had one either. I used 3 tsp mint extract in the last batch. I thought it was good, my wife said too minty. My son said needed more mint. I back sweetened that batch to 1.008 and thought it was pretty good. My neighbor thought it could be a tad sweeter. I'm looking forward to experimenting. This is definately a winning changed to the Original Pee recipe.

ffemt128 said:
I've never had one either. I used 3 tsp mint extract in the last batch. I thought it was good, my wife said too minty. My son said needed more mint. I back sweetened that batch to 1.008 and thought it was pretty good. My neighbor thought it could be a tad sweeter. I'm looking forward to experimenting. This is definately a winning changed to the Original Pee recipe.

The only one you'll ever make happy with Moj-Skeeto is you. I tried the same batch with 12 different ppl and received 12 different opinions.
Too sweet, not sweet enough...to dry not dry enough. To much rum...not enough. Don't even get me started on the mint ratios.
Lol.

The only one you'll ever make happy with Moj-Skeeto is you. I tried the same batch with 12 different ppl and received 12 different opinions.
Too sweet, not sweet enough...to dry not dry enough. To much rum...not enough. Don't even get me started on the mint ratios.
Lol.

Too funny, don't you have like 7 gallons of that stuff? Lots to drink up...

I made 2 batches. It was gone before I knew it. It is a love it or hate it thing. I sure loved it and will make more before next summer.

Took my Mojeeter Skeeter to a pool party last weekend. Over ice with a lime it was a huge hit.
YAY

First batch is officially gone. This weekend I'll be back sweetening the 2nd batch. It's crystal clear. I'll play with the mint and rum ratios after sweetening. Looking forward to it.

I wish I would have noticed this thread earlier in the summer.

I grow different five kinds of mint....apple, spearmint, chocolate, grapefruit, and regular.
Most of my harvesting has already been done and the mint is dry.

I guess it'll go on next year's "I gotta try this" list.

Back