Mojito Skeeter anyone?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet job. My pee is not taking off...at all.

I used 8 1L bottles of Lemon Juice for 7 Gallons.
Too much lemon?
Yes that does sound like alot. I use 3 ltr for 5 gallons and add it in steps. I start mine in 2 buckets. One bucket gets 1 can fruit concentrate 2 cans water, 2 oz. sugar pinch of yeast neutrient and 1 pack of red star champagne yeast. The other bucket gets 2 ltr. lemon , neutrients,4.5 gallons water, sugar, to 20 brix. When the yeast shows a good fermentation, (24 to 48 hours) I add about 4 cups from the second bucket to the yeast bucket. If fermentation is strong, I add the rest the next day. The last ltr. lemon goes in when the gravity drops by half along with more neutrients. (1.010)

Perfect. I've never had such a problem fermenting anything. Then again... until I joined this site I only made wine.
I've divided the 7 gallons into two 6 1/2 gallon glass carboys. I'll make a mix of 1080 sugar water in a 5 gallon bucket and use your instructions.
Hope I like skeeter pee...I'll have 60 bottles of it now.

Has anyone experimented with how much mint extract to use, or is a 1/2 bottle per 3 gallons the standard?

Has anyone experimented with how much mint extract to use, or is a 1/2 bottle per 3 gallons the standard?
I just bottled a second batch and used slightly less than 1/2 bottle. It is all done by taste. I recommend sweetening then adding the mint go slow and sample along the way. The mint is very strong stuff.

I have mint and rum extract for my batch. I used real mint leaves too. I'm just waiting to clear and then I'm going to experiment with "the right flavor"

I juiced 3 limes in the primary too.
Hope it turns out. Taste like crap right now.
I just added sorbate and k meta this morning and its been under vacuum for most of the day. I'll let it clear on its own for 5 days then rack, sweeten and filter.
12 gallons would be a big waste if I mussed it up.

Going to try an ounce of real rum in a gallon tomorrow. The mint leaves taste fantastic (with sugar) so I'm hoping real rum will impart a more natural flavor.
Fortified Mjo-Skeeto anyone?

Real rum does not taste good in SP. it all gives you a terrible hangover.

Filter pads are soaking. Bottles are ready.
6 x 375 ml Dry (BS 1.000 3 drops/Gal Rum Ex)
6 x 375 ml Sweet with rum ex and Mountain Dew (Skeeter Dew)
The rest will be straight sweetened Mjo Skeeto with a little extra mint extract.

Man does that sound good! When I'm ready to experiment on my own I'm going to have to try making this!

I have to make this next. My 2 ct. I switch to Grolsch Beer ONLY for the bottles so I can bottle Skeeter Pee in them. They are perfect for SP, get 2-3 uses out of the orange seal, replacement seals are only 10 cents. There nothing better for the boat or a picnic or just having FUN! Roy

FTC Wines said:
I have to make this next. My 2 ct. I switch to Grolsch Beer ONLY for the bottles so I can bottle Skeeter Pee in them. They are perfect for SP, get 2-3 uses out of the orange seal, replacement seals are only 10 cents. There nothing better for the boat or a picnic or just having FUN! Roy

Sweet idea.
Here's mine bottled already. Well...the dry one anyway.

image-2748703041.jpg

I backsweetened to 1.07. But I used 4 bottles lemon to each 23L carboy. It was extremely tart.
The x wife loves it.

Latest posts

Back