Mixed fruit wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sp33dymonk3y

Reaction score
Okay I'm not going to go into detail to much. Has anyone here squeezed frozen strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries and made a wine with just these four?? I don't remember how many oz I used per gallon, but my S.G is 1.100 I used yeast nutrients, I checked acid level it was good, the yeast I used was red star Pasteur Red. How do you guys think this will turn out?:) oh by the way I squeezed the fruits and got all the juice into the gallon and added water then added sugar and tasted like a fruit juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Yes. I've made DangerDave's Dragon Blood wine with Quad-Berry as opposed to the Tri-Berry blend. I betcha a bunch of other guys/gals have made very similar wine to what you're making with great success.

One more question, Tuesday I'm going to buy something that will clear up the wine. What should I buy and how should I use it and when should I use it? Thanks!!

I use super kleer. But don't use it until the wine is finished and has dropped the first round of sediment. If you use it too soon you will have to do it twice.

I've heard of people doing it once in primary and once at the end of fermentation, so primary really isn't necessary?

Okay I've never cleared before so it's my first time, I usually make 12% ABV so SG is 1.090 then after a week or two it goes down to .999-1.000 hitch is finished and I racked then about a day or two some other stuff dropped that would be the time to add the kleer?

And then add the kleer? After the kleer how long does it usually take to clear up fully?

Latest posts

Back